• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Comic is 1st appearance of Winter Soldier?

6 posts in this topic

I've tried to find the answer online but I'm getting mixed results.

I came across Captain America vol 5, #1 (Cameo appearance) from 2005 and Captain America vol 5, #6. 

I want to have comic signed by Sabastain Stan and would like to have first appearance.  Ty!

1 hour ago, Pboned said:

I came across Captain America vol 5, #1 (Cameo appearance) from 2005 and Captain America vol 5, #6. 

I want to have comic signed by Sabastain Stan and would like to have first appearance.  Ty!

Cap #1 is the recognized first appearance (per Marvel.com).   If you can find #6 Variant, that is a pretty good cover to have signed, but my choice would be #11.  Great Winter Soldier Cover, and clean cover for signature. 

witner.jpg

1 hour ago, Mercury Man said:

Cap #1 is the recognized first appearance (per Marvel.com).   If you can find #6 Variant, that is a pretty good cover to have signed, but my choice would be #11.  Great Winter Soldier Cover, and clean cover for signature. 

witner.jpg

Thank you for that information. Would you know how many different variations there are of #1 or #6?

I'm new to the comic game, sorry if I come off as a noob lol.

12 hours ago, Pboned said:

1st full appearance is #6

It is the Wolverine cameo versus full appearance all over again.

50 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

1st full appearance is #6

It is the Wolverine cameo versus full appearance all over again.

I appreciate your response. Is there a lot of debates in varies comics on this kind of thing?

59 minutes ago, Pboned said:

I appreciate your response. Is there a lot of debates in varies comics on this kind of thing?

to me there is no debate, but yes.

Cap one it is a panel of him crouched looking at stuff.

Issue 6 is his full appearance.

Wonderful read! Arguably one of my all time favorites.