• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, pickycollector said:
18 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I went pretty hard after three JIMs last night:  #98, #114, and #119.  I took second place on the #98 but I did get the other two (apologies if these were the books you mentioned above)

No, I lost on #91 and #95. I was surprised on the price the #91 went for, I did bid well above GPA on that one but that was not enough.

I lost also on #85 but did not really like the eye-appeal on the 8.5 listed, the #7.5 did look better imho but lost on that one too but my bid was not very aggressive.

91 is a toughie in anything resembling higher grade with decent eye appeal.

4 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I went pretty hard after three JIMs last night:  #98, #114, and #119.  I took second place on the #98 but I did get the other two (apologies if these were the books you mentioned above):

5aa1485f71d0a_JourneyIntoMystery114CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.3b0002443a57a284d314cc178790400d.jpg

Those of us assembling runs can only hope that every time we lose, there is one less person trying to get that book we missed out on.  I'll be staying out of everyone else's way on these two from now on.

Now if somebody could tell me when I'm ever going to see a JIM #102 or #103 up for sale again ... 

That #114 is beautiful, big congrats! (thumbsu

4 hours ago, pickycollector said:

No, I lost on #91 and #95. I was surprised on the price the #91 went for, I did bid well above GPA on that one but that was not enough.

I was bidding on the #91 also. It's a book that has always been elusive for me, never could find the right copy. I came in second. Going in, I felt confident I had bid enough. I should have known these Fantucci peds go for crazy money. They really are nice books.

4 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I was bidding on the #91 also. It's a book that has always been elusive for me, never could find the right copy. I came in second. Going in, I felt confident I had bid enough. I should have known these Fantucci peds go for crazy money. They really are nice books.

Storms has a 7.5 that's not bad at a not so bad price, but the book looks creamy and halo-y - if not for that, I would buy it.

10 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I was third :shy:

Somebody else wanted it more than us, I guess

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Storms has a 7.5 that's not bad at a not so bad price, but the book looks creamy and halo-y - if not for that, I would buy it.

Thanks, I didn't see it. I know what you mean about looking 'creamy', it is almost approaching 'toasty'. However, Bob's scans are always dark.  I would need to see this book in person.  It seems like a good price and otherwise a nice book.

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Thanks, I didn't see it. I know what you mean about looking 'creamy', it is almost approaching 'toasty'. However, Bob's scans are always dark.  I would need to see this book in person.  It seems like a good price and otherwise a nice book.

I meant 'spoiled milk' but not many get the Ernst Gerber reference....,  

Toasty, yes - just look at the back cover. :p

Back Cover Image

4 hours ago, pickycollector said:

I was third :shy:

Somebody else wanted it more than us, I guess

So you had the 901 bid ? I was at 1020 and the winner went the full 100 increment over my bid. I have a feeling his bid was a get it done 2K or something. Since it was 'only' an 8.5 I thought it would be a little more reasonable but not so. You never see White pages on that book either. I've got a couple Fantucci books and they are really nice, always having the eye appeal of a higher grade.

6 minutes ago, OahuApp said:

Prices are unreal. FF 52 6.0 $1100 really. IH 181 just keeps increasing by leaps and bounds. $44k for HOS 92 9.8

So many books are just completely out of reach to the average working joe collector.   They will never own an FF #1 a Spidey #1 or a Hulk #1.  It's sad