• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, paperheart said:

tough Metamorpho #16 but i wouldn't go higher due the Mannarino oven effect.  did pick up the Metal Men #34 9.4 for a fair price; oddly, it was 65% less than a book in the same grade sold for in the April Clink auction (shrug)

Yeah - not a fan of the PQ, but trying to fill some of these runs at a reasonable price.  Luckily, I already had a MM 34 in CGC 9.2.

These auctions are always a carpshoot.  I paid about GPA on  all three that I won last night, but very happy with what I got.  The Fantucchio probably should have gone for more.  I didn't realize it was a Fantucchio until after I had won it and someone else mentioned it.

Just a sidenote...

I've read about and experienced slow shipping speed when I pay by check. I paid by credit card less than 4 hours ago for the auctions I won this week and FedEx already has my shipment in hand. So if you want your stuff faster, go credit card.

35 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Just a sidenote...

I've read about and experienced slow shipping speed when I pay by check. I paid by credit card less than 4 hours ago for the auctions I won this week and FedEx already has my shipment in hand. So if you want your stuff faster, go credit card.

Yes. If you pay by card before the the entire auction has ended, they will ship your stuff out pronto. I have one item I bid on ending 5 days from now. I wish someone would outbid me so that I could go ahead and pay.

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:
2 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Just a sidenote...

Yes. If you pay by card before the the entire auction has ended, they will ship your stuff out pronto. I have one item I bid on ending 5 days from now. I wish someone would outbid me so that I could go ahead and pay.

I like to sandbag after the auction is closed, wait for the nasty-gram a week later, then mail a check.  I sometimes get my stuff before the next auction starts! :banana: 

3 minutes ago, creaturefan95 said:

Did you have to outbid @Straw-Man to get that one, liz?

It looks like I outbid someone's marker bid...., 

15 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Have you tried to read these Silver-Age DCs?  You wouldn't want your name associated with it it either.

Haha! It just surprised me, been a while since I remembered seeing one with just a few credits that when I saw that one it was like, "Wow, there seems like a lot of blank space on this..."

10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I like to sandbag after the auction is closed, wait for the nasty-gram a week later, then mail a check.  I sometimes get my stuff before the next auction starts! :banana: 

I've actually paid so slow that they dinged me for late fees but I just had them ship two auction worth of books together and it saved me in shipping what I paid in the late fee. 

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I've actually paid so slow that they dinged me for late fees but I just had them ship two auction worth of books together and it saved me in shipping what I paid in the late fee. 

Was the late fee a percentage of books purchased or a flat fee?

Just now, lizards2 said:

Was the late fee a percentage of books purchased or a flat fee?

I think it was a couple percentage (maybe 2%).  So for my $500 order it was $10 in fees.

Absolute nada for me thus far.  Not really impressed with this round of auctions.  Still have a few bids out on some lower end books that I might still win, but nothing to write home about win or lose.

40 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

RADCDEF72018523_16252.thumb.jpg.95ed253bb5e6ddb9e6baa23146c7bb27.jpg

I was bidder on that one - I think quite few bids back....., :eyeroll: