• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

I THINK I've read the whole thread, but does anyone have a non-spoiler guess as to the meaning of the film's subtitle?  If that has been discussed already and I somehow missed it, I'll definitely refer back to earlier pages if anyone remembers it being discussed.  While I have no inside information about the film and haven't read ANY spoilers to date, I'll wrap this in spoiler tags just in case people don't want to hear this stuff:

Spoiler

My first guess is that the film's subtitle refers to the completion of the rise of Rey, and that we find out she's a Skywalker.  And that's not based upon anything spoilery, it's based upon specific events from Force Awakens that made little or no sense without her being related to Leia.

• When Kylo first hears that a girl helped Finn and BB-8 escape Jakku, he overreacts dramatically and demands to know everything about the girl.  That implies he already knew who she might be.
  • When Leia first meets Ren, she hugs her warmly as if she knows her.  WTF?  They've never met!
  • Why does Rey, a total stranger to Leia and the Resistance, get sent on a hugely important mission to find Luke?

The easiest answer to these questions is that Rey is either a Skywalker or a Solo.  Before this film had a title I was guessing she's Kylo's sister and a Solo, but now the title of this film now has me leaning towards Skywalker.  Yes, Kylo said in TLJ that Rey's parents were "filthy junk traders who sold you off for drinking money," but Kylo is an unreliable source who could easily be lying or simply omitting the idea that the people on Jakku weren't actually her parents and were people that either Luke or Leia left her with.

5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I THINK I've read the whole thread, but does anyone have a non-spoiler guess as to the meaning of the film's subtitle?  If that has been discussed already and I somehow missed it, I'll definitely refer back to earlier pages if anyone remembers it being discussed.  While I have no inside information about the film and haven't read ANY spoilers to date, I'll wrap this in spoiler tags just in case people don't want to hear this stuff:

Reveal hidden contents

My first guess is that the film's subtitle refers to the completion of the rise of Rey, and that we find out she's a Skywalker.  And that's not based upon anything spoilery, it's based upon specific events from Force Awakens that made little or no sense without her being related to Leia.

• When Kylo first hears that a girl helped Finn and BB-8 escape Jakku, he overreacts dramatically and demands to know everything about the girl.  That implies he already knew who she might be.
  • When Leia first meets Ren, she hugs her warmly as if she knows her.  WTF?  They've never met!
  • Why does Rey, a total stranger to Leia and the Resistance, get sent on a hugely important mission to find Luke?

The easiest answer to these questions is that Rey is either a Skywalker or a Solo.  Before this film had a title I was guessing she's Kylo's sister and a Solo, but now the title of this film now has me leaning towards Skywalker.  Yes, Kylo said in TLJ that Rey's parents were "filthy junk traders who sold you off for drinking money," but Kylo is an unreliable source who could easily be lying or simply omitting the idea that the people on Jakku weren't actually her parents and were people that either Luke or Leia left her with.

I'm pretty much of the same mind as you, except...

Spoiler

I think she and Ren will turn out to be brother and sister, so its the rise of both of them.  I remember back in sixth grade, one of my buddies was reading one of the Alan Dean Foster books, and the synopsis on the back said Leia was preparing for the birth of her Jedi twins.  What came to pass of that I have no idea since I wasn't the one reading the book.  And technically, Leia is a Skywalker since Hayden Vader is her and Luke's father.  

Ergo...Rise of Skywalker(s)

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:
  Hide contents

I think she and Ren will turn out to be brother and sister, so its the rise of both of them.  I remember back in sixth grade, one of my buddies was reading one of the Alan Dean Foster books, and the synopsis on the back said Leia was preparing for the birth of her Jedi twins.  What came to pass of that I have no idea since I wasn't the one reading the book.  And technically, Leia is a Skywalker since Hayden Vader is her and Luke's father.  

Yea, it sounds like we're of identical minds except that:

Spoiler

I may have been putting too much emphasis on Kylo being named Ben Solo.  His Force affinity clearly derives from being a Skywalker, so referring to them both with that name in the film's subtitle works, I guess.

41 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I'm pretty much of the same mind as you, except...

Hide contents

I agree - twins do run in the skywalker genome 

13 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I agree - twins do run in the skywalker genome 

Except when the Force immaculately conceived Anakin.  Or maybe Shmi did have twins and Greedo was his long lost brother.  :blush:

So when the Force impregnated Shmi without consent, was that divinity or was that rape?  hm

5 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Except when the Force immaculately conceived Anakin.  Or maybe Shmi did have twins and Greedo was his long lost brother.  :blush:

So when the Force impregnated Shmi without consent, was that divinity or was that rape?  hm

Divinity, as the Force did not have a personification either male or female.

6 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

9 hours ago, Casablanca said:
14 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Divinity, as the Force did not have a personification either male or female.

Well Shmi did, so are you saying he's not from one of her eggs?  If she's Anakin's genetic mother, then the Force definitely pulled sperm from somewhere.  hm

8 hours ago, Comicopolis said:
14 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

I thought about going there but didn't for fear of ccgmod0's wrath.  :shy:

Spoiler

I would never mention Star Wars and science fiction in the same sentence but if I did then it's not unreasonable to guess that the emperor had Vaders genetic blueprint to create clones and even change the sex such that Rey could be a clone of Vader. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Sneeze said:
  Hide contents

I would never mention Star Wars and science fiction in the same sentence but if I did then it's not unreasonable to guess that the emperor had Vaders genetic blueprint to create clones and even change the sex such that Rey could be a clone of Vader. 

WOW, that makes a lot of sense.  And...

Spoiler

There's definitely some resemblance between Daisy Ridley and Hayden Christensen.  They're definitely similar enough to be related, but a clone?  Not as sure about that...maybe.

6267220_orig.png?489

Now I'm wondering why Palpatine cloned Jango Fett for the army of the Republic...seems like he should have cloned Yoda, or maybe himself.  hm  Maybe he thought Jedi would be harder to control.

Edited by fantastic_four

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Clones are just bodies. Don't think they automatically can control the Force in the same manner just because their genetic parent can/does.

Well, if you believe in that whole "midichlorians" concept, could the child inherit that from the parent?