• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

emotion03.gif.43c129b12a98091f261dd61cff9b4bc9.gif

You mean ignoring those that posted in here how they saw the film and were disappointed, or had mixed feelings? Sounds logical. Your film twitter place is reserved. :baiting:

filmtwitter.PNG.bbc098e1eb8e3ed5536cf7748f54aec5.PNG

There are outliers in everything. There are people that somehow "enjoyed" TLJ.

Most people will agree that 86% is a "fair" assessment of how 'good' TROS is. It's not a score that's outright lying to anyone.

I understand your skepticism, but consistency isn't a verdict.

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

There are outliers in everything. There are people that somehow "enjoyed" TLJ.

Most people will agree that 86% is a "fair" assessment of how 'good' TROS is. It's not a score that's outright lying to anyone.

I understand your skepticism, but consistency isn't a verdict.

emotion03.gif.f408909ae0a5ffb17c404cbe2802c347.gif

:baiting:

I'm glad you enjoyed ROS. That's nice to read.

:smile:

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I would like to thank you for the pleasant/mature discourse, even though you're acting like a jabroni by not seeing this movie just to spite TLJ.

:makepoint:

:roflmao:

Ticket gift cards can be mailed to...

;)

33 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I would like to thank you for the pleasant/mature discourse, even though you're acting like a jabroni by not seeing this movie just to spite TLJ.

:makepoint:

I find no fault with this approach.   It’s cliche but it’s true...the dollar is our vote and Disney really doesn’t deserve many votes at this point (although signs point to a decent course correction within the SW universe).  

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

IMDb massiver user base hugely counter to what RT is reporting from movie-goers. Although I usually treat 10's and 1's as outliers that contributors utilizing too frequently to throw off an average with any rating system they wish to overly-influence.

IMDb_ROS01.PNG.603eebeea8c42beb43e67d30b23e22d6.PNG

ROS_ratings03.PNG.fc466030a460c9d0d0365e5ec6e20a3b.PNG

Since Rotten Tomatoes is using a "binary" scale "Liked/Disliked", it would make sense to look at the IMDB votes as "binary" with everything rating 5 to 10 as "Like" and everything 1 to 4 as "Dislike".

If you do that, IMDB = 86% Like

9 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Since Rotten Tomatoes is using a "binary" scale "Liked/Disliked", it would make sense to look at the IMDB votes as "binary" with everything rating 5 to 10 as "Like" and everything 1 to 4 as "Dislike".

But RT is not using a Like/Dislike scale. It uses a five-star scale which I demonstrated earlier.

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

IMDb massiver user base hugely counter to what RT is reporting from movie-goers. Although I usually treat 10's and 1's as outliers that contributors utilizing too frequently to throw off an average with any rating sys

Oh - and yes, you can still vote on a film with RT even if you didn't see the film. All they ask is which venue did you purchase your tickets from. Here. I'll rate Dolittle a 5.0/5 to help in its efforts.

RT_User01.thumb.PNG.d547c5077f56a999e86e6fe8824b7b97.PNG

Feel any more trusting of the RT user score? I don't.

IMDb is a ten-star scale.

imdb01.png.9a5a69f9726d30a82e95c855100f0866.png

I'll check their FAQ what criteria leans one way or the other.

Edited by Bosco685

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But RT is not using a Like/Dislike scale. It uses a five-star scale which I demonstrated earlier.

Not if they roll it up into "% Positive".

That's binary, unless they have separate numbers for % Negative and % Neutral.  You can have a 100-point system, but if you end up with % Positive, you've made it binary.

21 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Where IMDb tallies results and just reports out a score, RT has a little more criteria built into its aggregation. But that is more to assign a logo for a film being Full Bucket (good) to Tipped Bucket (bad).

RT_User_FAQ.PNG.624267413a1cead1a0ccd6af9b8c0b35.PNG

How it tallies a positive (Liked) versus negative (Disliked) is not noted other than sharing it must be a 3.5/5 or better. So whatever tally decide behind the scenes leads to X% positive.

Edited by Bosco685

2 hours ago, bentbryan said:

I find no fault with this approach.   It’s cliche but it’s true...the dollar is our vote and Disney really doesn’t deserve many votes at this point (although signs point to a decent course correction within the SW universe).  

Yup, you could tell me that ROS is the greatest thing since sliced bread, however I will not be seeing it.  Disney/Lucasfilm lost me on TLJ and I am using my dollars to send a message.

You know, if you go by the Rotten Tomatoes user 'positive' supposed standard of a 3.5/5 (70%), then that means on a ten-point scale a 'positive' needs to be a 7.0/10 cutoff.

IMDb_ROS_Split2.PNG.f35354ee6769df3ca3dd684761ac5b72.PNG

Now THAT I could see as reality. And it very much matches the satisfactions statements.

Good point calling this out, @valiantman :foryou:

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

This just goes to show you that nobody really cares about Star Wars anymore. The MCU is the only truly relevant movie franchise left that people really care about. And that’s okay.

giphy.gif

emotion03.gif.2bd1eb1d7f62c33c1ae94b59d364212d.gif

:baiting: