• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

I went to see it in dbox!

I liked the movie, but had to turn off the Dbox for fear I was going to fall flat on my face!

8 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

FWIW, I enjoyed the movie.  Then again, ROTJ was my fave of the originals, so maybe I'm crazy.

On another note... lots of talk of a Knights of the Old Republic film since Darth Revan has been restored to canon !

Hmm, my math may be off but it seems like about 86% of folks posting here after seeing ROS enjoyed it.

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

All ROS needs is 10 million. You don’t think it’ll get that with another month in theaters?

you may want to check your "facts", RO did $532MM US; ROS is $10.5MM behind RO after 39 days and falling further behind every day

9 minutes ago, paperheart said:

you may want to check your "facts", RO did $532MM US; ROS is $10.5MM behind RO after 39 days and falling further behind every day

Never mind domestic then. But it looks like ROS will pass RO worldwide unless I’m misreading that chart, too. It needs less than 10 million there.

10 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Never mind domestic then. But it looks like ROS will pass RO worldwide unless I’m misreading that chart, too. It needs less than 10 million there.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, based on your opinion), even though ROS is only $8.3M away from matching Rogue One's 2016 total, one cost $200M while the other cost $275M to make. Matching or even slightly surpassing Rogue One should not have been the goal.

DC_MCU_BO200127g.thumb.PNG.4a8532f20c1a7659cecdd8950ed4a0bd.PNG

:foryou:

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately, based on your opinion), even though ROS is only $8.3M away from matching Rogue One's 2016 total, one cost $200M while the other cost $275M to make. Matching or even slightly surpassing Rogue One should not have been the goal.

DC_MCU_BO200127g.thumb.PNG.4a8532f20c1a7659cecdd8950ed4a0bd.PNG

:foryou:

I think after the divisiveness and backlash from The Last Jedi, with ROS clearing a billion and the success of The Mandolorian, Lucasfilm/Disney should consider themselves lucky. I underestimated the hatred hardcore Star Wars fans have for the franchise they profess to love. A majority of those fans I personally know still refuse to see ROS in theaters which is amazing to me. 

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think after the divisiveness and backlash from The Last Jedi, with ROS clearing a billion and the success of The Mandolorian, Lucasfilm/Disney should consider themselves lucky. I underestimated the hatred hardcore Star Wars fans have for the franchise they profess to love. A majority of those fans I personally know still refuse to see ROS in theaters which is amazing to me. 

Yup. I thought that, after the 'good' reception of audiences, they'd be willing to see for themselves.

The Emperor has turned them all to the Dark Side with their hatred, and they will surrender $0 to this film's success.

Oh well. They're missing out on that musical experience the theater has to offer that your home theater will never match. It was truly fun.

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yup. I thought that, after the 'good' reception of audiences, they'd be willing to see for themselves.

The Emperor has turned them all to the Dark Side with their hatred, and they will surrender $0 to this film's success.

Oh well. They're missing out on that musical experience the theater has to offer that your home theater will never match. It was truly fun.

I think the low RT score helped keep people away who were lukewarm to seeing ROS in theaters, too. Of course some of those “rotten” reviews were less about the quality of the movie and more about how it didn’t continue the story trajectory of The Last Jedi which the critics loved (it has a 95?% RT score in this Bizarro universe we live in).

25 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

14 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think the low RT score helped keep people away who were lukewarm to seeing ROS in theaters, too. Of course some of those “rotten” reviews were less about the quality of the movie and more about how it didn’t continue the story trajectory of The Last Jedi which the critics loved (it has a 95?% RT score in this Bizarro universe we live in).

Although you are both entitled to your opinion, I wouldn't blame the fans for their reaction to the modern run. The blame needs to rest with the Lucasfilm leadership how it allowed the stories to grow outside their control.

Can you blame fans for ending up with a mixed reaction in the end? They have less trust how their beloved characters and future will be handled. That's why I am hesitant to throw more money their way until I see a better approach.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Although you are both entitled to your opinion, I wouldn't blame the fans for their reaction to the modern run. The blame needs to rest with the Lucasfilm leadership how it allowed the stories to grow outside their control.

Can you blame fans for ending up with a mixed reaction in the end? They have less trust how their beloved characters and future will be handled. That's why I am hesitant to throw more money their way until I see a better approach.

I blame the fans for not listening to the fans.

Lucasfilm blew TLJ without question. That movie deserved to suffer. Solo already suffered from it.

I get why fans don't wanna give LF their money, but they're ultimately punishing themselves.

The MCU blew Captain Marvel. Didn't stop me from throwing my money at Endgame.

12 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

They didn't blow CM like Lucasfilm blew TLJ, but, we were still mislead either way.

Someone was noting the other day of course Captain Marvel was a tremendous success, as it had received an 'A' CinemaScore.

Captain America: The First Avenger was an 'A-', as was Thor: The Dark World.

DC_MCU_BO200127e.thumb.PNG.9b65092607f8828463ae9d31abd80cc4.PNG

DC_MCU_BO200127f.thumb.PNG.3a384921db3c34478f68d7d72feefb1b.PNG

Heck, even The Incredible Hulk (pre-Disney) received an 'A-' rating.

DC_MCU_BO200127h.thumb.PNG.9f182ad9545c697c2e81efd1bab7f233.PNG

It's a given MCU films land 'A/A-' ratings nowadays. If anything, it is expected.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Someone was noting the other day of course Captain Marvel was a tremendous success, as it had received an 'A' CinemaScore.

Captain America: The First Avenger was an 'A-', as was Thor: The Dark World.

DC_MCU_BO200127e.thumb.PNG.9b65092607f8828463ae9d31abd80cc4.PNG

DC_MCU_BO200127f.thumb.PNG.3a384921db3c34478f68d7d72feefb1b.PNG

Heck, even The Incredible Hulk (pre-Disney) received an 'A-' rating.

DC_MCU_BO200127h.thumb.PNG.9f182ad9545c697c2e81efd1bab7f233.PNG

It's a given MCU films land 'A/A-' ratings nowadays. If anything, it is expected.

I simply meant "mislead" as "mislead by hype and advertising".

Captain Marvel was advertised as integral to Endgame and something 'new'.

The Last Jedi was advertised as something that didn't suck donkey d^&*.