• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I’m in a meeting this morning where the person across from me is blatantly reading the newspaper.  (Yeah really - print media - wtf) 

I should start watching the HP movies now.  

Oh god is it one of those meetings where they pass out a packet then read it to you?  I hate those.

What about when that Sicario dude revealed that the arms dealer sells weapons to the the Empire.  Yes they sell them Death Stars and Star Destroyers because we all know they cant build anything themselves-

WTF

6 minutes ago, kav said:

What about when that Sicario dude revealed that the arms dealer sells weapons to the the Empire.  Yes they sell them Death Stars and Star Destroyers because we all know they cant build anything themselves-

WTF

Are you submitting this as a minute of the movie worth watching, or...?

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Are you submitting this as a minute of the movie worth watching, or...?

Oh god no-there is no such thing.  

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I dare someone to watch the movie and report a 1-minute clip worth watching.

not taking that dare

13 minutes ago, kav said:

WTF

Um... geek time... 

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Arms_manufacturing_companies

That's something that has been discussed in Star Wars since Return of the Jedi extensively in the Expanded Universe.  (From computer games to novels throughout the inbetween years of ROTJ until TPM)

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Um... geek time... 

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Arms_manufacturing_companies

That's something that has been discussed in Star Wars since Return of the Jedi extensively in the Expanded Universe.  (From computer games to novels throughout the inbetween years of ROTJ until TPM)

Dont governments build their own **** partially thru the use of government contractors?  Like we dont buy our aircraft carriers from "arms dealers".

Just now, kav said:

Dont governments build their own **** partially thru the use of government contractors?  Like we dont buy our aircraft carriers from "arms dealers".

Government bought weapons from the Stark Corporation... what was Tony prior to being Iron Man?  

An arms dealer. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Government bought weapons from the Stark Corporation... what was Tony prior to being Iron Man?  

An arms dealer. 

I thought he was a government contractor much like Raytheon-he was called an 'arms dealer' by his detractors or comic/screen writers that didnt understand how government contracts work.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I thought he was a government contractor much like Raytheon-he was called an 'arms dealer' by his detractors or comic/screen writers that didnt understand how government contracts work.

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I always imagined the storm troopers as Vader's little elves that built the Death Star and Star Destroyers. Kinda figured the Tie Fighters, etc, were bought from a manufacturer.

Not that I really give a deuce about where the weapons came from in a sci-fi war film. lol

Allow Kevin Smith to explain it for you... 

Edited by Buzzetta

Arms trafficking, also known as gunrunning, is broadly defined as the illicit trade of contraband small arms and ammunition, which constitutes part of a broad range of illegal activities often associated with transnational criminal organizations or small governments for their squabbles.

Stark Industries was both a defense contracting company as well as arms manufacturer and dealer (as seen with Stane exporting product to the Middle East in Iron Man) prior to Stark becoming Iron Man.

After that, Hammer Tech became the US defense contractor, and Stark Industries got into the business of... Energy and building Avengers equipment?