• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which key issues that are currently undervalued in your opinion?
8 8

278 posts in this topic

Underrated?  Well..., I sold an Albedo #3 CGC 9.8 recently for $475, second appearance of Yusagi Yojimbo.  No other recent sales that I could find but since there's recent verified discussions of a deal with Sakai about a Saturday morning anime thought it might be better than what it sold for in 2012 (last noted sale).  Yes, there are sleepers out there if you do the research. (thumbsu

On 2/26/2018 at 4:55 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Michael B. Jordan is getting universally praised as the star of the Black Panther movie. His role of Killmonger is considered the best portrayal of a movie superhero villian since Heath Ledger as Joker. Sorry mate, but you are definately in the minority with that review you just gave. I respect your opinion but

please take further discussion of his acting abilities to the 

Black Panther official movie thread

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/345863-black-panther-official-movie-thread-11317/

We don't want this to turn this thread into a back n forth discussion of how good he was. This thread is about 

Which key issues that are currently undervalued in your opinion.

:foryou:

I thought this thread was about where to put the apostrophe in "yall"

On 1/31/2018 at 9:42 PM, oakman29 said:

The whole horror magazine genre is way underpriced.

How is that people will pay astronomical prices for any given Walking Dead book , but not want these books. Or an EC collector not dig them. It's beyond me.

Because Walking Dead is not about the "monsters"; it's about people dealing with an extraordinary situation.

Has anyone read the 'Panther's Rage' storyline in Jungle Action ?

It's supposed to be really good.

18 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

plus the name alone is not quite the name they want to be naming that particular character in today's modern world.

Venomm sounds more like a reptilian or arachnid Marvel monster from the 50s / 60s.

7 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Has anyone read the 'Panther's Rage' storyline in Jungle Action ?

It's supposed to be really good.

It's one of my favorite storylines from the bronze age. I thought it really took off after Billy Graham took over the art chores, although Buckler and Kane both did nice work. McGregor is kind of an acquired taste kind of writer, but if you liked his Killraven/War of the Worlds run in Amazing Adventures you should like Panthers Rage.

28 minutes ago, boomtown said:

It's one of my favorite storylines from the bronze age. I thought it really took off after Billy Graham took over the art chores, although Buckler and Kane both did nice work. McGregor is kind of an acquired taste kind of writer, but if you liked his Killraven/War of the Worlds run in Amazing Adventures you should like Panthers Rage.

Thanks. I do like McGregor, and did enjoy Killraven, and also the Russell artwork.

He is polarising, having a very purple, extremely-wordy style.

4 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Thanks. I do like McGregor, and did enjoy Killraven, and also the Russell artwork.

He is polarising, having a very purple, extremely-wordy style.

It was a really well done series. I was shocked when they basically shut down the McGregor run right in the middle and handed it to Kirby to start Black Panther #1. It went from one of my favorite titles to a book I quit collecting 3-4 months later.

15 hours ago, boomtown said:

It was a really well done series. I was shocked when they basically shut down the McGregor run right in the middle and handed it to Kirby to start Black Panther #1. It went from one of my favorite titles to a book I quit collecting 3-4 months later.

Yup. Disappointing to see the co-creator do so poorly with the character.

9 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. Disappointing to see the co-creator do so poorly with the character.

Agreed. The war across Wakanda with Killraven was great, and the follow-up with the Klan was an inspired change of pace.

What followed not at all...

On 01/03/2018 at 9:10 PM, boomtown said:

On 02/03/2018 at 11:13 PM, World Devourer said:

The war across Wakanda with Killraven was great, and the follow-up with the Klan was an inspired change of pace.

I bought the digital version of the Panther's Rage Epic Collection to read last weekend.

Excellent story.  You have good taste.

I only found a couple of random issues back in the 70s, never looked for any others after that, and, for me, the story is really too long and densely-written to get into properly unless you have the whole run.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/22/2018 at 12:33 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Desaad is Forever People 4, just an FYI.

I was looking through some of the Forever People run and Desadd is definitely named and talks in Forever People #3, and I'm seeing online sources saying Forever People #2 is his 1st appearance (can't find my copy of #2).

1 hour ago, boomtown said:

I was looking through some of the Forever People run and Desadd is definitely named and talks in Forever People #3, and I'm seeing online sources saying Forever People #2 is his 1st appearance (can't find my copy of #2).

Desaad's first appearance is either Forever People #2 or New Gods #2. Not sure which book was released first, although his appearance in New Gods #2 is more substantial plus he appears on the cover.

Here is a key issue I think is a greatly undervalued. Not only is it a Neal Adams issue but features the first appearance of MANBAT which is only a matter of time before he appears on screen. Plus it is a great cover. I think more so than BATS #251.680179.jpg.9fcc930755dd0e888ad56611fa055b2d.jpg

Edited by Dogsupreme

So New Gods 1 is on my radar. Going to try and grab a raw. 

Another book on my radar is Hawk & Dove  # 1. I noticed there is a CGC 9.4 WHITE Hawk & The Dove 1 (60s) for $350. There are 142 on the census, 4 9.6 & 10 9.4. 

So so wait for a raw NG #1 or grab H & D # 1 now?

Edited by Master_P