• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie #50 CGC 3.5 $600 - Free Shipping SOLD CLOSED
1 1

121 posts in this topic

Not being an expert I have to say that Dem is correct and that in the spirit of the board he should get it. I messaged him with the details and an apology. I don't sell often and am not as familiar with the protocols as I should be. Going forward i will be more precise. 

Apologies to all

1 minute ago, Cliff R. said:

Jf, the next time this issue comes up cheap, buy it for me and I'll pay you back.  :foryou:

I was at work or I would have bought it for myself Cliff!! I have one must buy book to scratch off of my list for the rest of 2008 and then I am adding Archie 50!

I have read all of the posts, and I think dem1138 should get it.

Thanks for letting me know my attorney needs to review any of my sales threads.

Why PM "I'll take it" via PM?

So as not to let others know you bought it?

Now everyone knows Miraclemet took it via PM.

Why didn't miraclemet just post "I'll take it" ???

10 minutes ago, icefires said:

Judging by the PM's he so kindly posted, it seems clear that he had a few questions before committing to buy, such as the PQ (which wasn't clear in the image) and whether the defect on Archie's photo was a tape pull.

Nothing wrong whatsoever with taking a book via pm, it happens all the time and for various reasons.

23 hours ago, dem1138 said:

You need to explicitly state that PMs can trump the :takeit:in the thread otherwise :takeit: automatically trumps anything else.

That's not true. It doesn't default to that if there's nothing written.

2 minutes ago, Foley said:

Judging by the PM's he so kindly posted, it seems clear that he had a few questions before committing to buy, such as the PQ (which wasn't clear in the image) and whether the defect on Archie's photo was a tape pull.

Nothing wrong whatsoever with taking a book via pm, it happens all the time and for various reasons.

I pretty much hate PM's in a sales thread. Sure, ask questions per PM, but when you want it or seller agrees to sell it for less, either the seller should post "Sold per PM" or the buyer should post "I'll take it" in the thread.

1st PUBLIC "I'll take It" or "Sold per PM" wins. Period dot.

The time stamp business pretty much sucks.

23 minutes ago, icefires said:

He didn't have to, and the seller didn't require  the take it to be in the thread. 

Buyers can and do send PM's for various reasons, and none of them make their communication inferior to publicly posted communication unless the seller himself states they are inferior explicitly. 

1 minute ago, icefires said:

Your opinion. 

No, actually, there's no rule that requires one form of communication to be superior to another unless explicitly stated as such in the sellers terms of sale.

Here the seller said  "First :take it: wins"

He didn't say WHERE it had to be sent, just that it had to be FIRST.

The rest is speculation.  

15 minutes ago, Foley said:

23 hours ago, dem1138 said:

:takeit: (as long as PQ is CR/OW)

Thanks!

And the qualified :takeit:was the exact same qualification for both the first guy in line and the second, which eliminates speculation between qualified and unqualified purchases. 

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

You can feel free to run your sales threads in any way you see fit. 

What you can't do is impose your way of doing business on how other people choose to do business within the rules of these boards.

The time stamp is settled practice and is the fairest possible way to see who got in first, who committed first, and who gets the book. The rest is, frankly, the second one through the door attempting to lawyer the thread to his advantage and create language and rules that don't exist. AKA Sour Grapes, and it's garbage that this seller has to feel pressured and cornered into changing the equitable and fully justified manner in which he ran his thread and determined the new owner of the book. 

Rules of these boards?

Link please.

3 minutes ago, icefires said:

Rules of these boards?

Link please.

Given how sure you were that the seller here violated them I was positive that you knew what they were....