• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for opions on value of these pages
1 1

40 posts in this topic

Hi all really just looking for opinions on value of these pages for insurance.

Star Wars 92 pages 21 18 and 6

Jan Duuersema Pencils

Tom Mandrake Inks

Hulk Annual 11 page 12

Pencils: Rich Buckler

Inks: Joe Sinnott

Spiderman Annual 3

Pencils: John Romita (layouts); Don Heck (pencils)

Inks: Mike Esposito [as Mickey Demeo]

Thanks

James G

spideyann3page.jpg

hulkannualpage.jpg

starwars92page8.jpg

starwars92page12.jpg

starwars92page25.jpg

1 hour ago, Weird Paper said:

If I was a guessing man, I'd guess the Hulk at about 2k and the Spidey Annual page at 3500-4000.

I can see 2000-2500 the more i think about it on the Hulk. But the Spider Annual might be more like 7-8k oddly enough. I found an example of that book selling for 5k with just spider-man about 3 years ago. It was a GREAT page dont get me wrong, but those Spidey/avengers pages are just so elite and desired i can see this coming close to double.

Heck, if that page was 3500, id buy it right now on instinct alone. Not the most scientific method I know :-)

2 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

I can see 2000-2500 the more i think about it on the Hulk. But the Spider Annual might be more like 7-8k oddly enough. I found an example of that book selling for 5k with just spider-man about 3 years ago. It was a GREAT page dont get me wrong, but those Spidey/avengers pages are just so elite and desired i can see this coming close to double.

Heck, if that page was 3500, id buy it right now on instinct alone. Not the most scientific method I know :-)

Yeah, my gut tends to the low end frequently. My guess on the ASM Annual page was based on it actually being Heck/Esposito and not having any action. Still a great character page.

17 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

That Spider-Man Annual #3 page is pretty killer. I can see it going for $10K.

I think the Star Wars pages are all around 800-1K plus. Star Wars pages with Yoda and the MF are pretty desirable. And that's from the original Marvel Star Wars run, no? I can see that cast/MF page going for $2k. Ranking them I'd say the Ewoks page is lowest, the Yoda page next and the MF/Han page highest. Around $750; $1200; $2000

I think about 800-1000 on the Hulk annual panel page, just on content. It's a great Hulk vs Spidey fight page, but its not from a key book, and Buckler isn't a higher end artist.

Please do not rely on these estimates, as I am not an appraiser nor am I an expert. Just guessing.

Edited by PhilipB2k17

13 minutes ago, Weird Paper said:

Yeah, my gut tends to the low end frequently. My guess on the ASM Annual page was based on it actually being Heck/Esposito and not having any action. Still a great character page.

That's from a pretty historic/key book, and that panel page is a pretty important panel in that book. So, it will carry a premium.

So the owner gambles on the fact that maybe somebody out there would pay silly money for this page. Isn't the downside of this sort of gamble that you possibly devalue the page in the eyes of collectors who might be willing to pay a reasonable premium for it? Add to that, if it sits indefinitely on CL, it will suffer the taint of overexposure. Maybe this is just a way to gauge a value without having to commit to selling it?

Hm, Comiclink also mentions Romita as the Primary Artist. 

When in this very board it's attributed to

On 1/30/2018 at 3:17 PM, jgallo said:

Spiderman Annual 3

Pencils: John Romita (layouts); Don Heck (pencils)

Inks: Mike Esposito [as Mickey Demeo]

Edited by Catwoman_Fan

1 hour ago, Weird Paper said:

So the owner gambles on the fact that maybe somebody out there would pay silly money for this page. Isn't the downside of this sort of gamble that you possibly devalue the page in the eyes of collectors who might be willing to pay a reasonable premium for it? Add to that, if it sits indefinitely on CL, it will suffer the taint of overexposure. Maybe this is just a way to gauge a value without having to commit to selling it?

This is exactly how I felt after seeing the $50K price tag as it reads"I'm only going to sell this to a sucker" in my eyes. I liked the Hulk page and had some mild curiosity in it but I feel that dissipating after the BIN on the Spiderman page. 

On 1/30/2018 at 2:17 PM, jgallo said:

Hi all really just looking for opinions on value of these pages for insurance.