• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats a GA book everyone wants, that means noting to you?
6 6

200 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Millie the Model is an essential player in the Marvel Universe.  I'm sure in no time at all there will be a movie where she takes down the Skrees and the Krulls in an all out fashion war! :kidaround:

I'm there on opening night for that one!

14 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
14 hours ago, Primetime said:

Marvel Mystery 46 (sorry West :foryou:)

Never liked that cover. Just weird.

Isn't it interesting how we all think differently. The over-the-top weirdness is exactly why Marvel 46 is one of my favorites. Hitler has a worm coming out of his ear!

4 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

However at 16 if I would have asked my local comic shop ( Passiac book center) " got any Young Romance back issues down in the basement" It would not have been cool in any way !!!!!!

Imagine if you were an Atlas superhero fan and asked them "Got any Young Men down in the basement?"

5 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Isn't it interesting how we all think differently. The over-the-top weirdness is exactly why Marvel 46 is one of my favorites. Hitler has a worm coming out of his ear!

Weird is GOOD! Breaks up the monotony of the endless parade of boring "men in tights"...

I love that one too but have never had the pleasure of owning one.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:
2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

PCH, including most ECs.  Most FH, including all but a couple of books in the Planet run.

Coming from a "Love" book guy...

And I love Four Colors, too!

More and more I'm attracted to the truly scarce and oddball books.  Or ones with knockout covers.  My small number of ECs and FHs fall into these categories.

2 hours ago, fishbone said:

I have no interest in Marvel Comics #1   (sorry, Torch drawn horribly on cover IMO)

Tec #38  (I don't like the Boy Wonder at all either). I will purchase Tec's > 38 only if Bats looks ominous/cool despite Robin, but rare after 38.

Doll Man  (although not sure everyone "wants" that either)

Green Lantern doesn't do it for me

agreed on Tec 38 Fish...Marvel 1 cover will grow on you (trust me) :smile:

36 minutes ago, fishbone said:

and just one more I thought of...

Detective #1 - not a fan at all

Not that i will ever get one but i think Detective #1 is one of the coolest comics and covers out there of them all ...

the GA i don't really care about is Archie .... (now watch i will get bit by the Archie bug lol )...

1 hour ago, Primetime said:

agreed on Tec 38 Fish...Marvel 1 cover will grow on you (trust me) :smile:

I think Tec 38 was kind of an underpeformer until fairly recently.  One of the dopier cover, imo.

9 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Not that i will ever get one but i think Detective #1 is one of the coolest comics and covers out there of them all ...

the GA i don't really care about is Archie .... (now watch i will get bit by the Archie bug lol )...

I'm with you on not being a fan of most of the covers of Archie 1 through 30 or so (although I do like issue 1).  After that, there are some that I like a lot.

39 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Yeah, owning a Detective 1 is a long-term collecting goal of mine. Archie, not so much. I don't think there is a single one that I am after from any of those series.

23 hours ago, rainmaker said:

may get roasted for this one... schomburg marvel mystery.  too busy.  i can appreciate them but dont think i will ever own one.  :tonofbricks:

No roast, to each his own. I happen to like looking at all those busy covers. So much going on. Schomburg is one of my top 5 GA artists. I can see why they would be redundant to some but to me, WAY better than those dopey, plain, primary color DC covers from the same period.