• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Batman 251

7 posts in this topic

Hi Folks. With all the people on the webs claiming not to be "professional graders" I thought I would look for a little grading practice.  I have this well loved copy of Bats 251 that I pulled out of a box and had signed by Neal Adams at Baltimore CC 2009.  Well loved with plenty of wear but the most being the paper loss to the right of the price circle.  Will share my amateur ideas once I get some feedback.  Thanks!

Batman 251.PNG

Batman 251 back.jpg

31 minutes ago, HeroDreamer1 said:

Hi Folks. With all the people on the webs claiming not to be "professional graders" I thought I would look for a little grading practice.  I have this well loved copy of Bats 251 that I pulled out of a box and had signed by Neal Adams at Baltimore CC 2009.  Well loved with plenty of wear but the most being the paper loss to the right of the price circle.  Will share my amateur ideas once I get some feedback.  Thanks!

A lot of wear, a lot of long creases. About 2.5 in my estimation, possible CGC 3.0 ('Neal Adams' written on cover as label notes). Though an authentic Adams signature, it won't get a signature series label. The signing has to be CGC witnessed for that.

Edited by James J Johnson

Thanks, James!  Lots of creases along the spine.  Not quite a "spaghetti" book as I like to call them but not far from that.  Also, thanks for the notes about CGC's signature verification.  While I understand CGC's protocols, were I inclined to sell I would not expect a buyer to take my interaction with a mild tempered Neal to carry the same weight as a verified slabbing :angel:

2 hours ago, HeroDreamer1 said:

Thanks, James!  Lots of creases along the spine.  Not quite a "spaghetti" book as I like to call them but not far from that.  Also, thanks for the notes about CGC's signature verification.  While I understand CGC's protocols, were I inclined to sell I would not expect a buyer to take my interaction with a mild tempered Neal to carry the same weight as a verified slabbing :angel:

I've gotten Neal's signature in person on multiple occasions and I do collect autographs so I'm familiar with Neal's signature and many others, and anyone else who is familiar with Neal will recognize the vibe immediately as Neal's track.

12 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I've gotten Neal's signature in person on multiple occasions and I do collect autographs so I'm familiar with Neal's signature and many others, and anyone else who is familiar with Neal will recognize the vibe immediately as Neal's track.

(thumbsu