• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The name's Steranko, Jim Steranko
2 2

67 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Arkadin said:

That is a beautifully white Cap 111. I'm still looking for one that dazzling.

It's a perfect copy for me. Cap isn't a primary title for me, so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I wanted a nice looking one. ^^

On 2/14/2018 at 12:51 AM, grebal said:

Always admired this spread (from the pages of ST 167):

steranko-fold-out.thumb.jpg.2c59f7b83a568c8d6d69c73705e1c9ee.jpg

Ha! People who have not seen that may not realize that is a single panel going over FOUR PAGES!

Way back in the day, that was the first book that I bought a second copy so I could see it in all its glory.

PS From memory, the Editor's note for this read: "Darn, now I have to spend an extra 12c" - Stingy Stan

On 6/20/2018 at 12:09 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Being a huge X-men fan... I have thought this over many times. If I could own one page of interior art it would probably be this one. 

IMG_9458.jpg

Haha! Got to love that credit for artist:

image.png.8aceedfd4ea9626039c40c4727d72ee6.png

On 6/26/2018 at 5:40 PM, Unca Ben said:

I recall the controversy surrounding this page.  It's fairly amusing, given a holstered gun is pretty darn suggestive in itself :grin:

Yeah, more of a visual metaphor than the original drawing! Of course, being 9 years old at the time the book originally came out, it kind of went over my head, however years later...well, here we are still talking about it.