• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink vs. Ebay
3 3

25 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, sagii said:

Does anyone here know why Comiclink doesn't accept PayPal? 

Are you sure they don't?  It used to be that if you selected the "pay by check" option from the drop down menu, your confirmation email included a Paypal option.

1 minute ago, nearmint said:

Are you sure they don't?  It used to be that if you selected the "pay by check" option from the drop down menu, your confirmation email included a Paypal option.

100%... as an international buyer i din´  t have the option last time i checked and asked (months ago) ... on the other hand i have the paypal option at HA. 

19 minutes ago, nearmint said:

Ah, i didn't know that as i use CC's. 

Thanks! (thumbsu

23 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

100%... as an international buyer i din´  t have the option last time i checked and asked (months ago) ... on the other hand i have the paypal option at HA. 

They must've changed their policy.  There's an old thread here on the boards about this very topic, and multiple people responded that they were able to use Paypal, even though it's not an option from the payment drop down menu.

I think it depends on the books, the moment in time and other tectonic shifts of the earths crust.  I had some non-key ultra high grade X-men SA books that I felt slightly underperformed in a few clink auctions I consigned with.  Maybe I could have done better on ebay with those books, I don't know.  I recently moved a low grade Tec225 in a clink auction and the results did better than expected for me, so again you never know.  There's definitely less work involved with clink, so if you're lazy like me that helps.  Put all the books in a big box and they deal with shipping them out to winners in the auctions.  

Edited by atomised

I think both are great options to sell comics.  With C-Link you can either put them up for auction in their next features or focused auction or put a buy it now price on the exchange.  They take 10% as their cut for the buyer's premium.  

With ebay, it's the same concept but they take 10% on the sale and roughly about 3% from Paypal.  Also, sometimes you get those buyers who do not pay at all after they win the lot, so it can be a headache.  Having a good feedback rating as a seller helps out too!

15 hours ago, Shrevvy said:

Selling fees can be cheaper on eBay if it is a more expensive book. Ebay caps the commission at $750 for non-store users. If you have a store, commissions are 9.15% and capped at $250. Of course, Paypal doesn't cap their fees.

That is true too!  Thanks for bringing that up.  So if you have an item over $7500 and it sells, FVF is capped at that number

If you are selling 10k books I'd suggest looking into Heritage or maybe ComicConnect since they seem to be the best for ultra high end books.  I'd definitely not recommend E-Bay for 5 - 10K books because sales at that level are pretty rare and I'd think the scammers and flakes would be out in force at that level.  The boards would be a great place to start as longa s you follow the rules and factor in a 10% discount since you are not paying the fees.

I agree, but I have sold $2000+ books on eBay without problem. You don't have to be selling a $7500 book to make out on eBay. Pay the $25 fee for a one month store and get the 9.15%/$250 max fee. If you are selling other stuff that month, you can make out even better as the 0.85% commission reduction would apply to all sales even if the $250 max does not.