• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Most Collected Non-Hero GA Title
1 1

23 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Leaving aside what the most interesting might be, I actually wonder if Classics Illustrated would be among the most collected? One might say it is an entire pocket universe that only occasionally intersects with others.

Bingo ^^

On 2/15/2018 at 11:29 AM, sfcityduck said:

Based on looking at auctions, I'd say that the Duck titles (WDC&S, DD and US - which I group together) are the most collected non-superhero titles.  They are ubiquitous and seem to get results. 

Again, looking at auctions, and focusing on genre, not a title, I'd say that pre-Code horror/sf is next, edging out GGA and Romance, after superheroes. 

Certainly judging by recent Heritage results, Duck books seem to be doing very well.  Whether that's the result of a few people bidding high-grade copies through the roof or whether it represents widespread collecting interest, only Heritage knows for sure!  Given that Duck books appear to have a solid following outside of the U.S., I would think they have to be among the most widely collected books.

ECs certainly have a big fan base, but high-grade copies don't get quite the results you might expect if the fan base were as large as it might seem from the boards.  But maybe that just reflects the fact that the existence of the GFCs means there are more high-grade copies around.