• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All-Star 8

38 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

What do you suppose the going rate for a coverless AS8 would be?  $5k?  I may have a lead on one and wanted to have a good ballpark feel for an offer.  Any opinions would be helpful.  GPA doesn't show any coverless copies.

Not as much as your Sup 1 coverless (thumbsu I love that book in your sig line.

They seem to have peaked last year in the 10-12k range if coverless complete and have come down since then.  CF is the most valuable part, but assuming you have the CF and the WW story intact I think 7 to 8k would be retail.   Perhaps higher if the part is needed to complete a copy.

Edited by Tsp99

I got pretty lucky.  I recognized a page in a stack of coverless comics on ebay as being from AS8.

Comic is missing the cover & 1st wrap, but it has everything else including the Centefold (which it seems a lot of these are missing).  

Now I'm absolutely SICK that I sold my incomplete copy that was missing the CF a couple years ago.  Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Some other cool comics in the small stack I just got.... (all coverless) Tec 50, Superman 5, Superman 15, Action 32, Action 57, Archie 8 (has cover), Heroic 5 has cover.

WW1.jpg

WW2.jpg

WW3.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I got pretty lucky.  I recognized a page in a stack of coverless comics on ebay as being from AS8.

Comic is missing the cover & 1st wrap, but it has everything else including the Centefold (which it seems a lot of these are missing).  

Now I'm absolutely SICK that I sold my incomplete copy that was missing the CF a couple years ago.  Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Some other cool comics in the small stack I just got.... (all coverless) Tec 50, Superman 5, Superman 15, Action 32, Action 57, Archie 8 (has cover), Heroic 5 has cover.

WW1.jpg

WW2.jpg

WW3.jpg

How you do that :taptaptap::frustrated:

1 hour ago, Knightsofold said:

Price can also differ greatly if it gets a restoration check via slabbage.   Blue can go for much more than say a restored or trimmed coverless. 

Definitely no resto on this, but I guess I understand what you're saying.  Although, when it's slabbed you can't see the important pages, like the CF or the WonderWoman pages.  If I was buying this to get the CF I'd really want to see the CF and the WW pages.

How does one know how to correctly identify a page and what title and issue number it came from? Looking up a certain page 5 from a database of every comic page there is (if there is such a thing) can be stressful to correctly identify what book it came from.

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

How does one know how to correctly identify a page and what title and issue number it came from? Looking up a certain page 5 from a database of every comic page there is (if there is such a thing) can be stressful to correctly identify what book it came from.

There's a site called readcomiconline.to

Has every comic book there and definitely can help with identifying a page.

18 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:
1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

There's a site called readcomiconline.to

Has every comic book there and definitely can help with identifying a page.

Cool thanks! Definitely helps, but the problem is finding the right issue to the page.  I don't think anyone can look through thousands upon thousands of pages to find that certain one you're looking for.  Maybe if there is a way to type in a few of the bubbled texts from the page in a search bar and somehow identifies the page based on that, then that would be AMAZING!!!  

14 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Cool thanks! Definitely helps, but the problem is finding the right issue to the page.  I don't think anyone can look through thousands upon thousands of pages to find that certain one you're looking for.  Maybe if there is a way to type in a few of the bubbled texts from the page in a search bar and somehow identifies the page based on that, then that would be AMAZING!!!  

The pic I saw on ebay showed the comic was misfolded.  It showed an Ad for All-Star 9 so I figured there was a chance it was All-Star 8.  I could see a tiny bit of art from the facing page so I went to the bank and got my copy of AS8 out and turned to the Ad page.  I could see the "tiny bit of art" from the facing page matched so I knew it was the real deal.  It was a super lucky find for me.

Bummer that the 1st wrap is missing, as a complete coverless would have fetched a pretty penny.

Still, a great score and having the Wonder Woman story complete is of prime concern (of course).

Congrat's (and good eye!). :applause: