• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the most classic, non-Baker, romance covers?
5 5

145 posts in this topic

I'm talking non-Matt Baker corny/sappy Romance like “I Was a Harem Girl” and "I plunged into a life of luxury where there was no past, no future...only the present" kind of stuff.

I never thought I'd get into romance titles, but there is something about the over the top salaciousness.  If one was to go for a couple "keys" in high grade, what are the top non-Matt Baker "classics"?

Edited by path4play

Great books Robot.  Kind of funny that I guess Baker is so collected and associate with the topic that it's hard to perceive of non-Baker romance titles?

There must be (?) a handful of classic "corny, over the top" non-Baker Romance covers?  Since i'm not into the genre, wondering if there is, what they are.

102720174-973x1341.jpg

Romantic Adventures #50 comes to mind.

Romantic Adventures #49 is pretty great too, though not quite as classic as #50. 

Romantic Hearts #9.

There are a few more that I am just blanking on, but there are some other classic "scandal" type non-Baker romance covers. There's one in a diner that I just can't quite recall the title/issue # of that's pretty great.

1 hour ago, path4play said:

Great books Robot.  Kind of funny that I guess Baker is so collected and associate with the topic that it's hard to perceive of non-Baker romance titles?

There must be (?) a handful of classic "corny, over the top" non-Baker Romance covers?  Since i'm not into the genre, wondering if there is, what they are.

102720174-973x1341.jpg

That would be a dirty type of love addiction 

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Everybody's tastes are different but here are some of mine... I'm in the minority here, but I actually like his other genre work every bit as much as the romance stuff.

comauthpolicecases8.jpg

comauthpolicecases6.jpg

comwestbandittrails3.jpg

comwildboy14.jpg

comamazinghoststories14.jpg

He asks for non-Baker romance books and you give him Baker non-romance books.  :baiting:

Not that the books you posted aren't great one. :)

21 minutes ago, path4play said:

I like 'em all.  :flipbait:

Am I getting the impression that unlike other genres the Non-Baker romance are really a free for all based on what you like, there really is no "king" of the mountains?

I guess most romance fans would say Cole, Ward, and Colletta probably are in the running for the silver medal behind Baker.  

For me, Colletta is a clear number two.  His stuff is all (I think) post-code, so you don't get the entertainment value of the weird and salacious story titles you often find on pre-code covers.

But clearly this is a job for @Dr. Love!

2017-12-30-0001_zpsyctpoqx5-2.JPG

RAD0FC612017421_161733_zpsgonu27il.JPG

2017-12-28-0001_zpsuxrxblf3.JPG

27 minutes ago, path4play said:

I like 'em all.  :flipbait:

Am I getting the impression that unlike other genres the Non-Baker romance are really a free for all based on what you like, there really is no "king" of the mountains?

Kings are to be had but this is up to ones like,same with Bakers i don't go with the flow on some of those (thumbsu