• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mighty Con Milwaukee (West Allis) - Saturday 2/24

4 posts in this topic

When: Saturday 2/24 10AM - 4:30PM (with early-bird 9:30 online)

Where: Wisconsin State Fairgrounds - 640 S 84th St., West Allis, WI

How much: $5 General Admission; Kids < 12 FREE

Parking: I believe there is a separate charge for parking -- even for vendors :(

Who: Long list of vendors, artists, etc. and other info here --> https://mightyconshows.com/show/milwaukee

As long as there isn't a fresh dumping of snow, I will be setup there selling comics at very reasonable prices.

Sadly, no pics from this show. I arrived at the show a bit later than I wanted and finding my booth added another 15 mins at least.

Once the show opened -- similar to previous shows at this location -- the line was halted as the fire marshal said the venue hit capacity and wouldn't let more people in until others left. It didn't feel over-crowded but there was definitely congestion along the sides and certain aisle intersections. With the late start and constant traffic, I wasn't able to get out much to look around or buy. One purchase (two great looking Zatanna 15s) happened as I walked past a booth during load-in. I have no idea how they lasted that long. The other purchase (some Danger Girl stuff at a good price) was at the end when things died down a bit.

I did see a Startling Terror Tales 11 that I looked at a few times; if it was attached at just one staple (and the price adjusted accordingly) it would be mine.

For me, wall books were selling briskly; may have had to with the "get 'em outta here" prices I had them at. 

Sold books I marked down:

X-Men 101

Power Girl 4 Guillem variant x2 (these went fast)

Detective Comics 411

Amazing Spider-Man 361

New Mutants 87

King Size Hulk 1 (these always sell fast for me)

Savage Wolverine 6 Campbell variant

Nightmare 12 x2

Eternal Warrior 4 x2 (had one up and it sold quickly; put up the other and it also sold almost immediately)

I have a feeling some great finds were made at the show but personally I had to crack down and focus on selling. I came with 12 shorts and left with 9 1/2. Hoping to take my $1 boxes and sell them cheap/quickly on CraigsList to free up some more space.

Another great local show, though again I wonder (and spoke with a couple other vendors about) how Wisconsin has a show just about every weekend but zilch when it comes to Chicago. We have the 2 big ones but none of these smaller "hotel conference room" shows. (shrug)