• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Tony Curtis is best known (among many other things) as the first to declare "I am Spartacus"

in the BRILLIANT and FAMOUS ending scene from the movie "Spartacus" . also staring Kirk Douglas (still alive today at age 101)

Image result for tony curtis i am spartacus gif " I am Spartacus"

Makes me think of this creepy part of Airplane

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTa8Pi0DFpxljx_aMEQr6k

3 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

the "Sunday Night Mystery Movie"  rotation included the following

And don't forget the Dracula connection, McMillen and wife co-star Susan Saint James also starred in Love at first bite a very funny movie which deserves more praise. Also McCloud had his own run in with the Count played by the legendary John Carradine.

images.jpg

Da_onrJXkAEPUC9.jpg

445084.jpg

Stan Lee is honoring Steve Ditko, the legendary comic book artist who died at 90 last month.

"I cannot let the week go without commenting on Steve Ditko. Steve was certainly one of the most important creators in the comic book business. His talent was indescribable," Lee said in a video posted to his Twitter account Friday. "I worked with him for many years and was always impressed with how he saw everything in terms of photos and pictures and movement and scenes. He told a story like a fine movie director would," stated Lee.

Along with Jack Kirby, Ditko was one of Lee's most important collaborators during their Marvel heyday in the 1960s. Ditko and Lee created Spider-Man in 1961, introducing the character in Amazing Fantasy No. 15. Lee gave Ditko the assignment after being unsatisfied with Kirby's take on the idea of a teen with the powers of a spider. Ditko came up with the costume, web shooters and the iconic red and blue design. He also helped create Spider-Man characters such as Doctor Octopus, Sandman, the Lizard and Green Goblin, and received plot credit beginning with Amazing Spider-Man No. 25. Lee and Ditko had a falling-out that was never fully explained, and the artist left Marvel in 1966 after co-creating Doctor Strange.

"I'm sure there will be a lot written about him as time goes by and I will be one of the guys who buys the first book. You made a real impression here in the world," Lee said in his video Friday.

Gold Key comics generally get no love, sure Star Trek and Magnus Robot Fighter are pretty popular

but i just did a google search and currently the most valuable comic that actually has sold in awhile is.............

(borderline Silver age 1970)

The Beatles 1968 Gold Key , Yellow Submarine comic is popular too, with a CGC 9.2 selling recently for $685.00

i'm not sure why a 1968 comic has a .35 cent cover price,... there was a poster included but that was a very high cover price for back then whern other comics were selling for 15 cents... 25 cents max.....

Image result for beatles yellow submarine cover comic Image result for beatles yellow submarine cover comic cgc

Edited by 1950's war comics