• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, tv horror said:

Ken Reid was the British version of Basil Wolverton in the way he had drawn so many grotesque characters that were ugly yet lovable! I loved his work as a child and appreciate it more as an adult (I'm not too sure about that bit)? Gnasher if you're interested there are two volumes of his work published.

kreid2.jpg.628ee99fc4f6dfd9e89d8975bec01964.jpg

slipcase.jpg

Ken-Reid-Power-Pack-Books.jpg

Excellent stuff!

9 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I loved 38 WSBK-TV Boston. That is where I discovered these guys

Did you know that Albert "Cubby" Broccoli, James Bond film producer is rumoured to have  been involved in the death of Ted Healy who created The Three Stooges.?

Just now, Gnasher said:

Did you know that Albert "Cubby" Broccoli, James Bond film producer is rumoured to have  been involved in the death of Ted Healy who created The Three Stooges.?

No I didn't. I did hear rumors though that Ted Healy was murdered and it wasn't an accident.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Actually it was Wallace Beery who is thought to have killed him with a single punch and the studio covered for him we'll never know for sure.

images (1).jpg

8 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Did you know that Bela Lugosi jr owns the rights to the Stooges copyright, well it is monster related.:bigsmile:

So how did that connection come about? It seems interesting. Lugosi my favorite horror actor`s son owning one of the great classic comedy teams of all-time copyright.

8 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

No I didn't. I did hear rumors though that Ted Healy was murdered and it wasn't an accident.

6 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Actually it was Wallace Beery who is thought to have killed him with a single punch and the studio covered for him we'll never know for sure.

images (1).jpg

http://www.playgroundtothestars.com/2013/06/what-really-happened-the-night-ted-healy-was-beaten-up-at-cafe-trocadero/

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

So how did that connection come about? It seems interesting. Lugosi my favorite horror actor`s son owning one of the great classic comedy teams of all-time copyright.

As Bela's son is a top lawyer after winning his own fathers image and copyright, took on the case for the Stooges relatives, as the legal fees mounted some of the family withdrew their support and Lugosi stepped in and bought them out.  He is a bit of a shark although I can't blame him about his father as they were using his image on everything and Bela ended his days in poverty. 

5 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

Countdown to Halloween! Great features- love it!

IMG_2951.JPG.1b2ce0708086366c1415465d06fccb17.JPG

Yeah! Finally a book about MY crypt well at least some of the items I've collected over the years 45 to be precise, boy does time fly. I can start planning what each thing amounts to in money and my old age will be looking bright BWaaaaaha ha.:preach: 

s-l300.jpg