• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I ordered that just now on Amazon.

lol.

This overstreet would be great reading‼️‼️?? I wonder how many volumes there are⁉️ Or is this the first edition⁉️⁉️

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Cheers for that Maurice, shame that D.C. Thomson didn't play ball, but we got some good work from him in the world of I.P.C. 

I only used to get Wham! every now and then, depending on whether I could beg,steal, or borrow any money. for it... xD.. but it was a good little comic. Paper wasn't particularly good, I've seen copies for sale now with really heavy foxing, due to the coarseness of wood pulp content in the paper.

Anyway, this is out at the end of next month, (you would've thought they'd tie it in with Halloween,) .

0c0270ab8362344916966b8aabbab521.jpg     14d83b597a06828b5db53b192a518926.jpg

c2687f2c6d78f6561f08d9c793dff4c1.jpg  2766fccaa4508f4f4d7d30f6059e23af.jpg

lol

Looks like a Plop comic⁉️⁉️ Is it not Sergio Arrogonnes⁉️⁉️ Sure looks like it?⁉️

10 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Image result for three stooges vs female aliens 

as a kid we were always disappointed anytime the stooges episode included Joe Besser  pictured in the middle

(also known to us kids in the neighborhood as  "  Curly Shmoo " )

of course nobody could ever live up to the original Curly.......

Yep the original curly was nearly irreplaceable ..... but he suffered a stroke on screen....

Half-Wits Holiday would be Curly's final appearance as an official member of the Stooges. During filming on May 6, 1946, Curly suffered a severe stroke while sitting in director Jules White's chair, waiting to film the last scene of the day. When Curly was called by the assistant director to take the stage, he did not answer. Moe went looking for his brother: he found Curly with his head dropped to his chest. Moe later recalled that his mouth was distorted and he was unable to speak, only cry. Moe quietly alerted White to all this, leading the latter to rework the scene quickly, dividing the action between Moe and Larry. Curly was then rushed to the hospital, where Moe joined him after the filming.

{above information provided by Wikipedia}

The whole episode of "Half-Wits Holiday" is available for viewing on YouTube,

it is a real funny episode about 17 minutes long, but it is also very sad knowing Curly is suffering during filming, and that it would be Curly's last full episode.

But tragedy befell Shemp also ... he died during mid-season in 1955 and the Stooges were contractually obligated to provide four more episodes,... during these four episode we were introduced to the famous/infamous " Fake Shemp " who was a stand in and was only filmed from behind as shown

Image result for fake shemp Related image

they went to great lengths to make it appear as if it was the real Shemp ... it is unknown to me what the reaction if any was by the audience who watched these episode when originally aired

it seems obvious now that he was not the real Shemp ,.. but back then especially the younger kids .. they most likely would not have noticed ??

Image result for fake shemp Image result for fake shemp