• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

For some reason i always thought the Pied Piper was Irish ... well i looked him up and he is German instead ,... i wonder who i was thinking of @tv horror ?

St. Patrick. Drove the snakes out of Ireland, as opposed to driving the rats out of Hamelin.

16 minutes ago, tv horror said:

What has 7 S's and hisses yes Ssssss! the movie starring Dirk Benedict of the A-team and Battlestar Galactica fame. Snakes alive it's the Face-man.

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

Heckuva flick. Don't forget Strother Martin (he played in many of those spaghetti westerns). I still have bad dreams about King Cobras. :whatthe:

i think the snake-man above was at the carnivals back in the days when the state fair still had the freak show lol 

i wanted to see them so bad... they were still around in the mid 70's but i never got to because my parents never payed for a ticket to let me go in to see them ..

i can't blame them though because it was 50 cents admission and they told me it was a rip-off 

so i missed the last of the good carnival freaks like the lady who could pound a nail into her nose, the bearded lady.......and the two headed chicken ...

Edited by 1950's war comics

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

I always enjoyed his acting especially in the Westerns one minute he's sympathetic and the next he's down right mean, great actor.:foryou:

images.jpg

Best one was Cool Hand Luke as the "Captain".

"What we have is a failure to communicate." Classic line and it still lives on today.

9 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i think the snake-man above was at the carnivals back in the days when the state fair still had the freak show lol 

i wanted to see them so bad... they were still around in the mid 70's but i never got to because my parents never payed for a ticket to let me go in to see them ..

i can't blame them though because it was 50 cents admission and they told me it was a rip-off 

so i missed the last of the good carnival freaks like the lady who could pound a nail into her nose, the bearded lady.......and the two headed chicken ...

You should check out The Mutations AKA The Freakmaker from 1974. Stars Donald Pleasence, a pre Dr Who Tom Baker in heavy freak makeup, and a number of real life circus freaks including Popeye.

source.gif

7 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

You should check out The Mutations AKA The Freakmaker from 1974. Stars Donald Pleasence, a pre Dr Who Tom Baker in heavy freak makeup, and a number of real life circus freaks including Popeye.

source.gif

Hot diggity dog wow what a catch!:x

download.jpg

25 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Monsters of film land always have the best covers👍‼️‼️🆒

do you have the full run mr Horror ??

Yes Foggy I have the set plus Monster World and all the one shot magazines and I even had an article published in issue 212. As for the covers they liked to reuse them on occasion.(thumbsu

download.jpg

I should note that the snake woman was played by Jacqueline Pierce in the movie "The Reptile" made by Hammer studios and the make-up was by Roy Ashton. Ms Pierce  would later find fame as Seralan on the BBC TV series Blakes 7 where she was far more apPEELing (sorry I should get skinned for that pun).

download.jpg

images.jpg

17 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Speaking of Roy Ashton there was a marvelous book published on his work for Hammer called Greasepaint and gore.:foryou:

P.S You can't blame me for a great big mistake on the cover: I'll give you a clue it is Peter Cushing.

91vtZgVQnWL.jpg

Yep, Cushing is shown in his old man Grimsdyke zombified makeup from Tales from the Crypt - which was an Amicus film, not Hammer.

2 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Cushing

I never met Mr Cushing although I would have loved too, he used to hold small tea parties for his fans every Tuesday in his home town of Whitstable, what a lovely man.:foryou: I did write to him about his work and he replied with his usual little blessing and signed the bottom, I treasure it as it was personalised. Chris did you ever meet him? I'm a small soldier collector myself and I know we shared that passion so I mentioned it in the letter I sent as well as praising his film appearances.  

download.jpg