• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2018 at 6:37 AM, Gnasher said:

It appears she was HAMmered to death....

Eeek! Stop him!

Police now say they have been HAMpered in their investigations as someone has eaten the murder weapon!

Edited by Gnasher

Funny "Peanuts" monster strip from the early days ...

this is exactly how i was after watching a scary movie as a kid ,.. i needed a night light and i wanted to sleep with my socks on too because it felt safer lol 

Image result for peanuts comic strip monster

Edited by 1950's war comics

Peanuts and Donald Duck actually saved trick or treating in the early 1950's after it had nearly fell out of favor after WWII.....

Today, it’s hard to imagine a Halloween not filled with doorbells, costumes, and treats. In 2016 Americans spent $8.4 billion on the holiday. But while trick-or-treating is many children’s favorite pastime, it hasn’t been a pastime for all that long. The tradition didn’t make its way to North America until the 1920s and 30s, first taking root in the West. Almost as quickly as the tradition started, it was nearly derailed. It took the combined efforts of cartoons, comics and candy manufacturers to resurrect trick-or-treating after World War II and make it what it is today.

Rationing during the war nearly ended trick or treating but...

When sugar rationing finally came to an end in June 1947, the commercialization of Halloween took off. Candy companies like Curtiss and Brach wasted no time in launching their Halloween advertising campaigns. But it wasn’t just candy companies that had stock in the reemergence of these festive celebrations. As early as fall 1947, the children’s magazines Jack and Jilland Children’s Activities both featured trick-or-treating in their October issues.

The iconic comic trip Peanuts joined in on the fun four years later when they ran three Halloween-themed strips from October 29 – October 31, 1951. Charles Schulz drew his iconic characters in ghost costumes, preparing for “Halloween ghosting.” Patty even used Charlie Brown as the model for her jack-o’-lantern carving. These comic strips helped spread the popularity of Halloween !!!