• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

Just think the novel Frankenstein celebrated its 200th anniversary on the 1st of January 2018. what more fitting tribute than the authors creation to be still remembered and loved by generations.(worship) 

haha !! that is too funny :roflmao:

On 3/19/2018 at 7:24 PM, tv horror said:

There was also a great series from the sixties that made it into comics starring Roy Thinnes, The Invaders which used the clever idea of a stiff little pinky finger as the tell-tale sign of who the aliens were. Talk about saving on budget?:)

s-l300.jpg.38aafc0c799b320b11f9ffe894e8f10f.jpgimageproxy-1.jpg.05977dd0979a9f5a4b0280cbfbfd3333.jpg

This and the Prisoner are two shows I sadly never gotten to watch. :sorry:

I heard great things. I will try my best to watch the Invaders and the Prisoner over the summer.

On 3/21/2018 at 7:15 PM, 1950's war comics said:

I used to think that Grandpa on the Munsters was really,,,,REALLY old when i was a kid watching the show.. but amazingly i found out later that he was only 42 yrs old when the show first aired ......

That's like the Golden Girls. Most of the cast members were in their late 50s/early 60s when the show started, yet that was considered "Golden" ages in the 1980s. lol

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

4 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

This and the Prisoner are two shows I sadly never gotten to watch.

Jack Kirby had drawn a few pages that were never released for a Prisoner comic, you can see the Fourth World influence in his features. There's a Prisoner Artist edition coming out in July featuring the work of Kirby and Gil Kane.

prisoner017ac-797x1024.jpg.8601c86b9a6e205b2e2362e374f6de65.jpg

Edited by tv horror

On 3/23/2018 at 12:48 PM, tv horror said:

Jack Kirby had drawn a few pages that were never released for a Prisoner comic, you can see the Fourth World influence in his features. There's a Prisoner Artist edition coming out in July featuring the work of Kirby and Gil Kane.

prisoner017ac-797x1024.jpg.8601c86b9a6e205b2e2362e374f6de65.jpg

Great Kirby drawing of the Prisoner ‼️Great show the Prisoner too‼️All 10 episodes or how many there were?

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

@tv horror what is one of your favorite pieces from your 5000+ horror collection ? 

That's easy my Boris and Bela autographs. The story behind them is interesting as of all places for Lugosi to play Dracula on stage he picked Belfast? It was in the 1950's when he came and as my brother in laws Grandfather was a famous Irish piper he met Lugosi backstage and he got a signed photo made out to Frank however my brother in law was going through his stuff when he died and gave me the photo. As for Karloff I heard that he was in hospital and asked my father to write to him for me and that's how I got Karloff unfortunately he passed away at that time in 1969. Ask me about my origin story one day that's a doozey.:)