• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, tv horror said:

@Cushing Fan did you know that they released Orson Welles Great mysteries on DVD as Peter's episode should interest you.(thumbsu It also has a very catchy theme tune.

710J4etDm5L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Great series and Cushing's episode La Grande Breteche was quite enjoyable. A bit of trivia, it was the third and last time Cushing wore what he described as a Helen Hayes wig. He first wore the wig in Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell and then again in And Now the Screaming Starts.

3 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Cushing wore what he described as a Helen Hayes wig. He first wore the wig in Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell and then again in And Now the Screaming Starts.

:roflmao:I just watched the documentary Flesh and blood last night where he mentioned the wig, what a nice man.:foryou: I remember another sad story from him about meeting Tom Mix and finding out he could neither read or write and it burst his illusion of his longtime hero.

7 minutes ago, tv horror said:

:roflmao:I just watched the documentary Flesh and blood last night where he mentioned the wig, what a nice man.:foryou: I remember another sad story from him about meeting Tom Mix and finding out he could neither read or write and it burst his illusion of his longtime hero.

Flesh and Blood was the last time Cushing and Lee would work together and see each other. Wonderful documentary.

4 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

No more so than The Twilight Zone. Think of all the ho-hummers from that series. "Ring-a-Ding Girl", "Hocus, Pocus and Frisbee", "Once Upon a Time" (sorry, Buster), "Mr. Dingle, The Strong", etc.

Three times as many episodes to O.L, Mike., yeah, T.Z had some naff ones too. :wink:

4 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

Do you remember the game?

We never had it in the U.K the nearest we got was the game "My dog has fleas!" I don't even think that 99% of people here even know what the word "Cootie" even means? Again the nearest thing is "He was an old Coot" from the Latin dictionary meaning (:roflmao:) I'm only joking about the last part.(thumbsu The real term is:

1. A bird  

INFORMAL
a stupid or eccentric person, typically an old man.

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

We never had it in the U.K the nearest we got was the game "My dog has fleas!" I don't even think that 99% of people here even know what the word "Cootie" even means? 

They are parasites, like lice, or something. When I was a kid, according to most girls, most boys had "Cooties". xD

EDIT: They were lice.

"The original cooties were very real and extremely nasty, since the word was first applied to body lice. It's a slang term intimately (and I mean that sincerely) associated with the military in World War One. It's first recorded in print in 1917, but is presumably older."

In the game, whoever got his Cootie put together first, wins. You had to roll dice, or something, to be allowed to attach one piece (leg, eye, etc.) to the body.

Edited by Mike Scott