• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I noticed earlier in the thread you had DC Showcase's version of Dr. No, here's the original British Classic Illustrated version, on sale on ebay at the moment by a fellow boardie I believe?

s-l1600.jpg

What a fantastic cover.  That's wonderful, and the colors are so rich.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/comics/comicbook_dn.php3

The above link will give you the story behind the British editions and some info on the differences on the interior art etc. 

Incidentally, a reprint of the CI version was released in 2016, but again only in Europe, cover price for the UK was £9.99, about  $20 back then.

Tomahawks first appearance was in "Star Spangled Comics" #69 with an issue date of June 1947, it is seldom offered on eBay....

just one issue, a reader copy has sold recently, it sold for just over a $100 and there is currently only one copy for sale , a Good+ 2.5 for $315 on eBay......

great black cover featuring Robin that i imagine in higher grade would be worth an arm and a leg lol 

Image result for star spangled comics 69

Edited by 1950's war comics

7 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Harriet Tubman is scheduled soon to replace Andrew Jackson on th $20 bill and after that 

...the $10 bill currently featuring Alexander Hamilton is scheduled to be replaced with ......

LiY28ml.jpg 

That's the Groot of all evil.

31 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i'm thinking that Tomahawk might just be one of the longest running / least collected series out there ???

they have some awesome covers along with the well known Neal Adams covers too

Image result for neal adams tomahawk Image result for neal adams tomahawk Image result for neal adams tomahawk

giphy.gif.67e8236873d09db6d9798831ce73e8d1.gif

14 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i'm thinking that Tomahawk might just be one of the longest running / least collected series out there ???

they have some awesome covers along with the well known Neal Adams covers too

Image result for neal adams tomahawk Image result for neal adams tomahawk Image result for neal adams tomahawk

Tomahawk had great Frank Thorne art the last few years in this series. Severely underated series and character.

Tomhwk131-04.jpg