Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
5 5

3,836 posts in this topic

3,573 posts
43 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

do you have this one in your collection ?

 

No I'm a Spidey collector with three to go although I would be content with just a run of 1-to present,  AF15 is a dream. I still need AF15 1, 2 Amazing but there's no rush as that's half the fun of it collecting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,820 posts
3 minutes ago, tv horror said:

No I'm a Spidey collector with three to go although I would be content with just a run of 1-to present,  AF15 is a dream. I still need AF15 1, 2 Amazing but there's no rush as that's half the fun of it collecting. 

Oh i thought you might have it as part of your frankenstein/horror collection.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,573 posts
48 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Oh i thought you might have it as part of your frankenstein/horror collection.....

I have over 5000 magazines 1500 books comics toys posters collectables all on horror and sci-fi movies oh and a dog! My wee Grand nephew wants me to start a Youtube channel however I'm too shy and a very private person so I'm happy. Thanks for your support on the threads it means a lot.:)

 

  images.jpg.04142ec2294025cec9a79bd557b5755d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,790 posts
16 hours ago, tv horror said:

I have over 5000 magazines 1500 books comics toys posters collectables all on horror and sci-fi movies oh and a dog! My wee Grand nephew wants me to start a Youtube channel however I'm too shy and a very private person so I'm happy. Thanks for your support on the threads it means a lot.:)

 

  images.jpg.04142ec2294025cec9a79bd557b5755d.jpg

That is a vast an impressive collection?‼️How do you store it all⁉️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,573 posts
31 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

How do you store it all⁉️

"With great stuff...Comes great responsibility!":)  I've built (multi-talented that's me) bookcases floor to ceiling also sliding bookcases to fit in more and display cases in a 15ft by 13ft room, my little crypt so to speak. However everything is in its place and I can put my hand on anything I need, I've always had ONE rule to rule them all...Don't buy what you don't need and it seems to have worked heh heh heh.<3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,820 posts

There was a sales thread on these boards the other day and a Frankenstein #1 CGC 6.0 sold for around $1600

Edited by 1950's war comics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,820 posts

here it is.... an equally nice #19 is also (first horror issue) for sale ... sure is a funny looking Frankenstein........

20180129_202624.thumb.jpg.2223c74fcb542d99461fa12751a3670c.jpg

 

Edited by 1950's war comics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,820 posts

@tv horror 

i know nothing about these 1940's Prize Publications Frankenstein comics except that the first issues were maybe comedy and the last few issues horror..

do you have any knowledge about these issues ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,573 posts

5aa58299b5ba5_SCREWYTRUANT(13).png.744ed77dd4ca292ecdf436ebee462faa.pngI know very little other than Franky was created? I mean drawn by Richard (D) Briefer and as you mentioned they began as a horror title and for the first few months or so issues the violence was a bit to graphic for kids and sales began to slip. However Briefer brought him back to life so to speak as a more lovable character and the sales perked up dramatically as the fans grew. It's funny but his nose always reminded me of those old Tex Avery (yea I got to mention another hero) cartoons. I don't know if you know of Tex but in his cartoons there is always a poor dog who gets hit on the nose with a hammer and the nose takes on a personality and yelps and hides in the dogs folds, classic.:)

 

      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,573 posts

I can't resist it I HAVE to do a post about Tex Avery the man was a genius and his humour was decades ahead of today's output which can firmly lay a claim to his influence: Ren and Stimpy SpongeBob to name a few. My favourite was a cartoon called "Who killed who?" It was a laugh a minute.<3

   Who_Killed_Who.jpg.adeca1c16ccf96d27861e3995d40c4cb.jpgimages.jpg.1acb86c01171547e6397db2ced733836.jpg 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,820 posts
4 hours ago, tv horror said:

4661df0450883e5cca1dd5148351fded--jerry-lewis-jerry-oconnell.jpg.33369e21113961a51d32d3aff3a682d2.jpgJerry-Lewis-comic-book-290.jpg.23ea87659ddf29e9142d8c0fdbafc7ca.jpg

Today we are going to look at a real irritating comedian Jerry Lewis and his brush with the monsters.:)

 

amazing that these comics came out so long ago and he lived until 2017, i think the first issue of the Jerry Lewis/ Dean Martin comic was from 1952 !

the first issue is a minor grail i would like to get some day ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,820 posts
On 3/11/2018 at 5:04 PM, tv horror said:

I can't resist it I HAVE to do a post about Tex Avery the man was a genius and his humour was decades ahead of today's output which can firmly lay a claim to his influence: Ren and Stimpy SpongeBob to name a few. My favourite was a cartoon called "Who killed who?" It was a laugh a minute.<3

never heard of him before but i like learning and reading about new people on on Wikipedia (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,573 posts
4 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

never heard of him before

You MUST watch "Who killed who?" I guarantee you'll never laugh as much at another cartoon again. Let me know when you do, thanks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,573 posts

2f21c42bcd3e292f3794af39e41b0f1a.thumb.jpg.73088a40aca6e8abc747e91473484cf5.jpg

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

Bugs Bunny

As you mentioned Bugs Tex co-created his archenemy Duffy along with Bob Clampett. I hope you will search out other cartoons made by him: Droopy, Red hot riding hood and House of tomorrow.  Some of his jokes have came eerily true  such as his crossing an Octopus with a chicken to get eight drumsticks, genetics in the making.:)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,820 posts
18 hours ago, tv horror said:

As you mentioned Bugs Tex co-created his archenemy Duffy along with Bob Clampett. I hope you will search out other cartoons made by him: Droopy, Red hot riding hood and House of tomorrow.  Some of his jokes have came eerily true  such as his crossing an Octopus with a chicken to get eight drumsticks, genetics in the making.:)

 

i will have to check these other ones out too (thumbsu

Edited by 1950's war comics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
5 5