• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED!] Thor, Sgt. Rock, PCH, more!

37 posts in this topic

Hello!

I recently moved, and as part of the cleaning and re-organizing efforts, I've decided to let go of some stuff and refocus my collection a bit. 

I'll be adding individual keys, semi-keys, and random issues here from time to time, as well as large lots and full runs as I piece things out. 

Here are some rules:

1.  :takeit:  in thread trumps PM conversations.

2. In the case of multiple PMs, or take its, I will go by time stamp. 

3. no HoS/probation people please. I'm Crimebuster, not Crimeenabler

4. U.S. buyers only, my sincere apologies to our fine Canadian friends and all our buddies overseas

5. Paypal only! Thanks.

6. please pay promptly, I have a crimefighting monkey sidekick to feed

7. If there's any kind of issue with the book, let me know within one week of receiving it and we can figure out some kind of return. But I don't anticipate any issues!

8. I usually ship via USPS, but for some larger shipments I may use UPS. Either way, you'll get a tracking number and whatnot as son as it is sent. 

Master List:

Tales to Astonish #44 - $258 $215 shipped! SOLD!

Romantic Marriage #24 - $192 shipped SOLD!

Lobo #1 - $135 $115 shipped!

Millie the Model #61 - $83 shipped SOLD!

Millie the Model #64 - $53 shipped SOLD!

Betty and Veronica #320 - $58 $49 shipped! SOLD!

Marvel Premiere #47+48 - $79  $59 shipped!

Contact Comics #8 - $43  $29 shipped!  SOLD!

Web of Mystery #9 - $49  $39 shipped!

OMAC #1 - $39  $29 shipped!

Star Trek #1 - $28 shipped SOLD!

Adventures into Fear #20 - $55  $39 shipped!

House of Mystery #198 - $48  $39 shipped!

Ms. Marvel #1 - $65  $49 shipped!

Page Two:

Reid Fleming #1 - $38   $28 shipped!

Detective Comics #348 - $19  $16 shipped!

Marvel Team-Up #3 - $19  $17 shipped!

Marvel Chillers #3-7 - $42  $29 shipped!

Lot of 29 Romance Readers - $49   $39 shipped!

Lot of 216 OAAW and Sgt. Rock issues! - $640  $550 shipped!

Lot of Thor #104-502 plus annuals and more! - $1600  $1400 shipped!

Edited by Crimebuster

Lobo #1

$135  $115 shipped!

I bought this as a 3.0, but there are a few wraps at the center that are detached from the staples. I have it as a 2.0 as a result, but it is complete, and a rare bit of comic history!

y8rZVuE.jpg

fn3sdwt.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

30 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

Romantic Marriage #24

$192 shipped

Last issue, Matt Baker cover. This one had some water damage in the distant past. The staples are rusty, but the rust has not migrated to the interior. I have it at a 1.8 because of those staples, but it presents pretty well for the grade!

2AydzrE.jpg

Cv3ZPI5.jpg

:takeit:per PM

1 hour ago, Crimebuster said:

Millie the Model #61

$83 shipped

Dan De Carlo at the height of his powers. For my money, this is one of his best Atlas covers, the figure of Millie running in the bathing suit is fantastic. This has some vertical creases on the left side of the book parallel to the spine that run the entire length of the book. Thanks to the white background, though, it still present really well for its grade, which I have at a 3.5. 

og2fGWG.jpg

XoNHCEN.jpg

Millie the Model #64

$53 shipped

Another Dan De Carlo joint! Some fading along the right edge brings it down a little, but this is a solid 4.0 for me. 

Gt9tjfg.jpg

11wlOYy.jpg

Package Deal - Take both Millie the Models for $120 shipped!

take

Marvel Premiere #47

and

Marvel Premiere #48

both for $79  $59 shipped!

Marvel Premiere #47, first Scott Lang as Ant-Man. This has a couple minor things you can't see in the scan - there's a slight spine roll/ridge from improper stacking, and there's also some waviness to the top edge of the front cover. I think these can both probably be pressed out, but as it sits, it brings this down to an 8.0 for me. There's also a small scratch in the price box by the O in Only that may not jump out to you, but it could limit the upward potential of this if you did want to press it. 

Marvel Premiere #48 is nice, but there's a faint corner crease in the bottom right corner that prevents upward mobility.  I have it at 8.0. 

JLaI95j.jpg

uTpjMxB.jpg

i0VHUS8.jpg

WktgGi8.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

Web of Mystery #9

$49  $39 shipped!

The top staple is popped, and there's a little bit of bug chew on the upper left back corner that etended to the last couple pages. Does not affect story. Bottom staple is still attached, and colors are nice! I have this as a 2.0.

89VX4lB.jpg

Kiu5k5b.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

OMAC #1

$39  $29 shipped!

Unread copy that just suffers from a little bit of storage negligence form the previous owner. It's got some slightly rounded corners, and has picked up some dirt. Plus, there's a bit of ink transfer from being stacked on a bunch of other copies for too long. As a result, I have this as a 9.0. 

Ez4NMnl.jpg

I6sWkOj.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster