• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stephen King's IT Sequel (9/6/19)

64 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2019 at 8:31 PM, Gatsby77 said:
On 9/9/2019 at 4:28 PM, Bosco685 said:

I think if they went full Stephen King-dark, general audiences even open to R-Rated films would scream 'UNACCEPTABLE'. Like with Thinner with that twist of an ending that was so sad after all the main character had suffered through.

But if we get enough to bring the horror without total dark emotions, that's a win for me.

There is, of course, The Mist. Not exactly a feel-good film, but even King admitted the ending was superior to his own.

Yes I read the short story in college and he leaves you wondering.

The movie ending while very shocking was a better ending.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:01 AM, Comicopolis said:

You didn't tell me it's  your favourite book of all time. I like the book, but it's not even SK's best novel.

Still, if you like the characters that much you might want to read 1963 as some of them pop up there. (To be fair, those bits are the best parts of that book.)

1963 was unlike most of King's books I think. I am not a hopeless romantic, but I re-read those last few chapters
several times. After you read his summary you understand both his pain and love for the book. I should have never
watched the TV series I knew it couldn't do justice to that relationship in the book. Which is never really a King strongpoint, but he nailed it in that book its almost haunting after you read it.

Edited by fastballspecial