• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art of DC Comics exhibition
1 1

13 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Alf Pogs said:

Nice! So if Whiteout wasn't invented until the late 50's what were they using on all the Golden Age covers?

When I was in art school we used an opaque matte white paint meant to be camera ready for the printing process. Can't remember the brand or if it had a specific industry name.

The one cover that wowed me the most was the cover to Showcase 17, the 1st Appearance of Adam Strange. It was posted on the Facebook message group by Vincent Zurzullo. I wish someone would post it. It's so great.

I've seen the Fred Ray Supes Cover and the Double Guns Jerry Robinson Joker cover before. Ad I'd also seen the Ras Al Ghul cover - in person! - 35 years ago when a dealer showed it to me back before I ever collected a single page of art (and I was just a comic-collecting kid).

EDIT: I see that its in one of the group photos. I hope there is a good close up shot of it. Great, great cover.

Edited by PhilipB2k17

47 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

The one cover that wowed me the most was the cover to Showcase 17, the 1st Appearance of Adam Strange. It was posted on the Facebook message group by Vincent Zurzullo. I wish someone would post it. It's so great.

I've seen the Fred Ray Supes Cover and the Double Guns Jerry Robinson Joker cover before. Ad I'd also seen the Ras Al Ghul cover - in person! - 35 years ago when a dealer showed it to me back before I ever collected a single page of art (and I was just a comic-collecting kid).

EDIT: I see that its in one of the group photos. I hope there is a good close up shot of it. Great, great cover.

Here is a pic i have of the Showcase 17 cover for you

Showcase #17.jpg