• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice Needed
1 1

25 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:04 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Do you remember Sherlock Holmes? He used to say that if you eliminate all the alternatives which are impossible, then the one you are left with, no matter how improbable, is the right answer. I've seen a lot of misunderstandings turn into unnecessary arguments by people who have skipped that step. 

Why not just ask him why he feels he has to sell the cover? What happened to the guy who offered $2,800? See if the bits of information string together into something which makes sense, no matter how implausible it may be. 

As I've said before, I like Dave. I wouldn't want to change my opinion of him based on a misunderstanding.

Sounds like, to me, that the cover was originally part of a complicated trade that didn't work out, so he now needs the cash for it to complete a deal he was working on.

16 hours ago, fsumavila said:

Dang, that is a BEAUTIFUL cover! Nice pick up .... I'm glad all turned out well for everyone. I've bought several pages from Dave in the past and never had an issue.

When you get a chance to get a published Usagi cover by Stan, you take it if you are a Usagi art fan.  Stan is holding into the vast majority of his art, and there are precious few of these in the wild.

21 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Sounds like, to me, that the cover was originally part of a complicated trade that didn't work out, so he now needs the cash for it to complete a deal he was working on.

Well, yes, but we didn't know that bit at the time I posted this comment.

Let me say I'm sorry that this happened with Ray on the first transaction we ever had together. The deal started out pretty simple but it got complicated rather quickly for me, in my not standing up to my consignor and trying to let him persuade me into a situation I wasn't comfortable with. There was a misunderstanding in which I didn't communicate clearly enough to all the parties involved and that's my fault, but thanks to Ray asking the question and other members of the group providing answers to him, it worked out for everyone. Thanks to everybody here that helped make this deal work and I'll make sure this will never happen again!

Edited by davekarlen