• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with Rob Liefeld? No CGC?
4 4

438 posts in this topic

Hey, look, more false accusations from "Alex Forrest/Fatal Attraction Stu"! I'm telling you, folks...hide your bunnies if you don't want them chopped up and thrown into the pot.

:eek:

I wonder how many thousands of user names have been stolen by "Stu" making them up to post on a board that has demonstrated, in no uncertain terms, that he's not welcome...

4 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You can only pump so many people at $600 a pop before that well is completely dry. His "manager" isn't stupid. Exploitative, you bet. Stupid, no.

His signature is still higher than anyone else's except Stan's, and, like most creators in that "stable", there's a CGC/Voldemort punishment fee. 

But, it's a cost/benefit analysis, and there are enough people willing to pay it, that the practice is unlikely to change until and unless there's enough of a backlash.

You want a Rom #17 signed by Miller, because it was one of your absolute favorite books...? You'll pay for it, fanboy. 

I know. Paid for a miller/janson ss DKR 1 first printing CGC (9.6) for about 550ish$. Bought it from someone else already signed/slabbed. 

30 minutes ago, NoMan said:

What about Frank Miller? Does that add value?

Obviously there must be some market for SS books, otherwise there wouldn't be people who make the lions share of their income selling them.

1 minute ago, Whoa! said:

How can that be, since a creator's signature adds no value to a comic?

lol

I think we both know what a line of horse karp that really is.

And I have no issue with someone doing that to earn a living, my issue is with the altruistic facade being pushed here by certain parties.

If the two of you don't mind, I'm sure there are quite a few people interested in this discussion, and not the personal issues you may have with anyone. There are plenty of places for you two to post whatever you feel you need to post. This isn't it. 

If the two of you don't mind, I'm sure there are quite a few people interested in this discussion, and not the personal issues you may have with anyone. There are plenty of places for you two to post whatever you feel you need to post. This isn't it. 

These two are excellent examples of the power of propaganda. If you repeat something, over and over again, it doesn't matter what the truth actually is; a certain portion of the population will believe it, just based on the power of rote. Like, for example "people who slab are just doing it to make money." As is evidenced by many of you, that's not true, but look at how that lie is repeated to creators, and they've bought into it to such a degree that a large percentage of them now charge a CGC punishment fee.

You can make up anything you like, but the most powerful propaganda is that which sounds close to the truth, without actually being true, like "Alex Forrest Stu's" claim that I am "hiding my identity" because I don't want my full name plastered all over the internet. No, I don't want that because we live in an age where merely having different opinions is enough to drive the unstable to try and get people fired, for example. It happens all the time. 

And "Alex Forrest Stu" has no respect for boundaries. He is lawlessness personified. So naturally he assumes that people who play it safe with their identities online are "hiding something"...he's projecting his own lawlessness. So, he posts my name out of pure hatred and spite, because he has no boundaries. He posts my names on other boards, as if I've ever hidden them, as if I don't stand behind every word I've ever posted, as if they're some big "GOTCHA!!" moment, because that's how he would react if someone did the same to him. And he forgot one of them, so I mentioned that one, too. Remember: he said to someone "Oh! OH! Did you know he SELLS SS books??", again, as if it was some sort of "GOTCHA!!!", and then accuses me of being "intellectually dishonest." 

Except I'd already stated that, upfront, at the beginning of the discussion. Oops.

Look at how they repeat the lie "since a creator's signature adds no value." Nobody's claimed that. Ever. Yet, there it is, repeated as if fact, and then argued against, and used as a weapon against others.

Except nobody ever said it. It is the very definition of a "straw man" argument. 

And look at the lie "altruistic facade being pushed"...what altruistic facade? Can he say? Of course not, because there isn't any. What part of "it's nobody's business what you do with your property" and "you're basing your decisions off of something that isn't true" is "altruistic"...? None of it. It's propaganda, a buzz phrase that has no meaning in the context of this discussion. Yet, it gets made, and those who won't look below the surface go "YEAH!!" like the meatheads in a Bill Burr story, and there you have it. Talk about having an agenda...? These aren't the comments of reasonable, rational men. This is spite on display. 

No, these two posture because they hate, which isn't a problem, so long as it can be answered. Understand who has what agenda. 

Take nothing for granted. Accept nothing at face value, no matter who says it. Challenge everything. Question everything. When someone makes a claim or accusation about someone else, investigate it. See if it's true. Don't just believe something because someone you may trust said it, or worse, it confirms your bias. Find out for yourself.

Reason and rationality are the only safe haven from chaos and anarchy.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

If you're not going to intelligently contribute to the discussion about why Rob Liefeld has decided that CGC is not worth his time or the merits (and lack thereof) for up charging  for signatures on books that will be sent to CGC, then you can start your own thread, somewhere else.  If you just want to sit an eat popcorn, have at it, but put the keyboard down while you do so.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, RadiantGraphix said:

If you're not going to intelligently contribute to the discussion about why Rob Liefeld has decided that CGC is not worth his time or the merits (and lack thereof) for up charging  for signatures on books that will be sent to CGC, then you can start your own thread, somewhere else.  If you just want to sit an eat popcorn, have at it, but put the keyboard down while you do so.  Thanks.

:popcorn:

8 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

:popcorn:

12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

These two are excellent examples of the power of propaganda. If you repeat something, over and over again, it doesn't matter what the truth actually is; a certain portion of the population will believe it, just based on the power of rote. Like, for example "people who slab are just doing it to make money." As is evidenced by many of you, that's not true, but look at how that lie is repeated to creators, and they've bought into it to such a degree that a large percentage of them now charge a CGC punishment fee.

You can make up anything you like, but the most powerful propaganda is that which sounds close to the truth, without actually being true, like "Alex Forrest Stu's" claim that I am "hiding my identity" because I don't want my full name plastered all over the internet. No, I don't want that because we live in an age where merely having different opinions is enough to drive the unstable to try and get people fired, for example. It happens all the time. 

And "Alex Forrest Stu" has no respect for boundaries. He is lawlessness personified. So naturally he assumes that people who play it safe with their identities online are "hiding something"...he's projecting his own lawlessness. So, he posts my name out of pure hatred and spite, because he has no boundaries. He posts my names on other boards, as if I've ever hidden them, as if I don't stand behind every word I've ever posted, as if they're some big "GOTCHA!!" moment, because that's how he would react if someone did the same to him. And he forgot one of them, so I mentioned that one, too. Remember: he said to someone "Oh! OH! Did you know he SELLS SS books??", again, as if it was some sort of "GOTCHA!!!", and then accuses me of being "intellectually dishonest." 

Except I'd already stated that, upfront, at the beginning of the discussion. Oops.

Look at how they repeat the lie "since a creator's signature adds no value." Nobody's claimed that. Ever. Yet, there it is, repeated as if fact, and then argued against, and used as a weapon against others.

Except nobody ever said it. It is the very definition of a "straw man" argument. 

And look at the lie "altruistic facade being pushed"...what altruistic facade? Can he say? Of course not, because there isn't any. What part of "it's nobody's business what you do with your property" and "you're basing your decisions off of something that isn't true" is "altruistic"...? None of it. It's propaganda, a buzz phrase that has no meaning in the context of this discussion. Yet, it gets made, and those who won't look below the surface go "YEAH!!" like the meatheads in a Bill Burr story, and there you have it. Talk about having an agenda...? These aren't the comments of reasonable, rational men. This is spite on display. 

No, these two posture because they hate, which isn't a problem, so long as it can be answered. Understand who has what agenda. 

Take nothing for granted. Accept nothing at face value, no matter who says it. Challenge everything. Question everything. When someone makes a claim or accusation about someone else, investigate it. See if it's true. Don't just believe something because someone you may trust said it, or worse, it confirms your bias. Find out for yourself.

Reason and rationality are the only safe haven from chaos and anarchy.

Well the market dictates it right now.