• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with Rob Liefeld? No CGC?
4 4

438 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

I don't see the appeal of signed comics and the yellow cgc label is hideous. 

I don't know what you collect but it stinks.

4 hours ago, reddwarf666222 said:

So you have a personal beef with Stu that should be handled through PM's it seems and not on the boards ruining the majority of the board members' enjoyment. Do you have the charts to show me the damage done to Stu's body from it? Are you his Doctor? Are you a licensed physician able to make these claims?

Another option would be to just complain about other people you don’t like on other message boards behind their back. (shrug)

1 hour ago, TYPE-R said:

I feel this is CGC's responsibility. It's their program and  by not speaking up they're letting outside forces influence the creators on what the program and the CGC label represent..

Yes and no it is CGC's responsibility.

1. Setup an independent third party group to investigate, educate, and inform the public, creators, and facilitators on issues that arise. They may listen to an independent study more so than CGC.

13 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Yes and no it is CGC's responsibility.

1. Setup an independent third party group to investigate, educate, and inform the public, creators, and facilitators on issues that arise. They may listen to an independent study more so than CGC.

They've always worked with creators in the past so they understood the program, worked with them on any issues they've had. Why is now any different?

3 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Another option would be to just complain about other people you don’t like on other message boards behind their back. (shrug)

I'm not sure how something can be "behind their back" if the other parties are invited to participate, and refuse...

How does that work...? Especially on a public message board, not hidden to anyone...?

hm

That's like standing in a small group of people, talking to one of the people in that group. Doesn't sound very "behind their back"...

2 hours ago, kevhtx said:

So does anyone actually know whats going on with Rob? 

I heard he bents someone's book while signing it, and the guy sat in front of his booth lamenting his (no longer a 9.9) NM 87.

Edited by joeypost

5 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I heard he bents someone's book while signing it, and the guy sat in front of his booth lamenting his (no longer a 9.9) NM 87.

Ouch. That said, why the hell would you break a 9.9 out to get it signed? To each their own.

I saw Stan screw up a woman's book at LA Comic Con. It was at the VIP signing at the very end of the day. He was exhausted and the pen dragged after he signed it. Her book was a Claremont X-men, but I couldn't tell from where I was which book it was. She was screaming at Max and crying.

Edited by kevhtx

5 hours ago, kevhtx said:
5 hours ago, joeypost said:

Ouch. That said, why the hell would you break a 9.9 out to get it signed? To each their own.

They didn't. "joeypost" is mocking me (and no, I didn't, either.) He lacks the courage to be obvious, and also lacks the professionalism to not take cheap shots. Stay classy, CFP Comics. (thumbsu

On 3/9/2018 at 1:31 PM, Celestial Comics said:

It is the “right” of the creator to charge IF that is what they choose to do.

As for are we a facilitator who “encourages” creators to “charge extra” for CGC? The answer is we “RESPECT” the creator’s rights and decision to want to charge a fee. It is THEIR right and THEIR decision to charge a fee. We don’t encourage or discourage it. We simple RESPECT it. We make nothing more from a creator who chooses to charge a fee, we simply pass the same charge onto the customer.

Just as it is YOUR right to choose NOT to pay the fee and to walk away from getting you items signed. And we RESPECT that right as well.

What you DON’T have a right to do, is LIE to a creator when he asks you the question if the book he is signing will be graded or not. It is because of actions like that, that has caused creators to do what they do, such as using specific facilitators or handlers to PROTECT them.

We have the right to not pay the fee, but we also have the right - as the consumers holding the money - to voice our concerns over the rising costs of signature collecting. It isn’t just a buy/don’t buy conundrum. We are an active part of this system.

41 minutes ago, Oddjob22667 said:

We have the right to not pay the fee, but we also have the right - as the consumers holding the money - to voice our concerns over the rising costs of signature collecting. It isn’t just a buy/don’t buy conundrum. We are an active part of this system.

Yes you voice your concern by not purchasing the service at that time, letting the creator/handler at the time of the possible transaction of your issue, and later writing to the handler/creator in something you can track your displeasure if it still bothers you then. Yet for some to continue to advocate their position left and right on forum like this anytime something happens like such and such person has an exclusive or this person won't allow CGC gets tiresome to a lot of people on these boards. Honestly creates some sympathy towards creators and handlers because it comes across as a constant attack and beef some of these members have to where they make themselves look like a villain or the entitled and the creators/handlers/facilitators like saints.  

Say it once and let it go