Pressing a foil comic Wonder Woman
1 1

11 posts in this topic

209 posts

I'm not a presser but it doesn't look too bad. If there is no "crack" in the gold showing the card stock underneath I think you should be okay.

10,389 posts
2 hours ago, Alf Pogs said:

it doesn't look too bad.  I think you should be okay.

???? Looks pretty bad to me, goes through the whole book. I can't imagine an impact like this not leaving a crease(s). 

21,711 posts

That can be pressed flat, but you will see remnants of where the bends where. Foil covers are very problematic and should not be done by amateurs.

209 posts

Don't those look worse in pics than real life? Remember the Batman 9.8 thread. I'll look for it later tonight.

1,227 posts
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, joeypost said:

That can be pressed flat, but you will see remnants of where the bends where. Foil covers are very problematic and should not be done by amateurs.

I wasn't even aware that the foil covers can be pressed! I thought that heat sufficient enough to press out foil cover flaws would curl it right up or deform it! I can imagine a whole gamut of problems if not done correctly.

21,711 posts
10 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I wasn't even aware that the foil covers can be pressed! I thought that heat sufficient enough to press out foil cover flaws would curl it right up or deform it! I can imagine a whole gamut of problems if not done correctly.

I know how to do it correctly (thumbsu

4 posts

How do you correctly press a foil comic? I probably would not do it myself. Should I send to CGC to be pressed and graded? Thanks, Steve

1,227 posts
11 hours ago, joeypost said:

I know how to do it correctly (thumbsu

magic.jpg

209 posts

how about sticking it under a stack of heavy books for a week and then taking another picture of that corner