• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers #7

5 posts in this topic

It looks like removable debris on top of some light staining. The debris will come off, but if that is staining, that's permanent. Are there dark spots on the inside cover where that defect is? It's got what looks to be a light crease at the top edge over the E of Avengers, radiating down at a 45 degree angle towards the right edge. Is that right? Hard to tell for sure. Also, a black slash on the Executioner's knee that looks like an errant/stray black sharpie stroke. Also, is that a scratch, crease, or tear through the Enchantress' leg, extending upward from the bottom edge?

9 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

It looks like removable debris on top of some light staining. The debris will come off, but if that is staining, that's permanent. Are there dark spots on the inside cover where that defect is? It's got what looks to be a light crease at the top edge over the E of Avengers, radiating down at a 45 degree angle towards the right edge. Is that right? Hard to tell for sure. Also, a black slash on the Executioner's knee that looks like an errant/stray black sharpie stroke. Also, is that a scratch, crease, or tear through the Enchantress' leg, extending upward from the bottom edge?

Good catch on the mark on the Executioner's knee! I didn't notice that. I've had this book so long it's great to get a fresh pair of eyes on it to pick up stuff I am no longer seeing.

I don't think the back cover stains go through the cover, but I'm skeptical they will come out. 

That is a faint crease above the E, and through the Enchantress's leg. 

9 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

Good catch on the mark on the Executioner's knee! I didn't notice that. I've had this book so long it's great to get a fresh pair of eyes on it to pick up stuff I am no longer seeing.

I don't think the back cover stains go through the cover, but I'm skeptical they will come out. 

That is a faint crease above the E, and through the Enchantress's leg. 

The spine and staple seating are strong, which counts to offset the twin creases to a degree. Because it's twin cover creases of fairly decent length, I feel that even with that strong VF-ish spine, 5.5, just short of Fine is in order. Now, where the technical grade winds up from there depends on the degree of seepage, if any, of what appears to be staining because of and under the back cover debris. Could take a hit to as low as 4.5 dependent on the severity of that, if stained inside on the back cover, and if not, probably in the 5.0 area overall, which would be the technical grade, but the book would present better than that and bring a premium at auction if graded in that tier area. I'd have to see inside that back cover and feel the debris to assess it's composition to pin it down, whether a 4.5, 5.0, or 5.5, IMO.

29 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

The spine and staple seating are strong, which counts to offset the twin creases to a degree. Because it's twin cover creases of fairly decent length, I feel that even with that strong VF-ish spine, 5.5, just short of Fine is in order. Now, where the technical grade winds up from there depends on the degree of seepage, if any, of what appears to be staining because of and under the back cover debris. Could take a hit to as low as 4.5 dependent on the severity of that, if stained inside on the back cover, and if not, probably in the 5.0 area overall, which would be the technical grade, but the book would present better than that and bring a premium at auction if graded in that tier area. I'd have to see inside that back cover and feel the debris to assess it's composition to pin it down, whether a 4.5, 5.0, or 5.5, IMO.

I agree