• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee forgeries, a general thread
2 2

210 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vietnam67 said:

Lol, Sorry Johnson, Just logged in, Sorry, I'm not on here all the time, just once in awhile to check on comics I order. Anyways, Your right! We never had an official Bet, Just wanted to pull your chain a little, LOL! Have a good week sir!

we all knew you were kidding when you put in that long      LLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLL

Came across this one while surfing ebay tonight:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-STAN-LEE-PRINTED-PRINT-OF-MARY-JANE-WATSON-ART-BY-MIKE-MAYHEW-W-COA/163746891117?hash=item262013456d:g:FDMAAOSwk49dDUU4 

As if the signature isn't booby-prize material in an of itself, the genius initially spelled "Excelsior" without the 'i' and had to go back and crush it in. How did he not take a good look at how ridiculously, comically obvious this is before he listed it on ebay, and instead crumple it into a ball and burn it, as he should have.

:roflmao:

Print.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

On 7/12/2019 at 9:48 PM, James J Johnson said:

Came across this one while surfing ebay tonight:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-STAN-LEE-PRINTED-PRINT-OF-MARY-JANE-WATSON-ART-BY-MIKE-MAYHEW-W-COA/163746891117?hash=item262013456d:g:FDMAAOSwk49dDUU4 

As if the signature isn't booby-prize material in an of itself, the genius initially spelled "Excelsior" without the 'i' and had to go back and crush it in. How did he not take a good look at how ridiculously, comically obvious this is before he listed it on ebay, and instead crumple it into a ball and burn it, as he should have.

:roflmao:

Print.jpg

One of the best Stan Zu pieces I’ve ever seen, a true collectible :golfclap:

3 hours ago, mattn792 said:

One of the best Stan Zu pieces I’ve ever seen, a true collectible :golfclap:

This doesn't even look like the forger went out of his way to make an effort. It's as if he thought, "I vaguely remember seeing Stan's signature on a poster. I think it looked like this (while forging the signature, then stands back and looks). Yeah. Yeah. That looks about right... wait...…. (abandons the kitchen table and Sharpies, heads to the computer to google, "excelsor", then returns hastily to the kitchen table to fit in the 'i'). Now it's good to go. No one will ever know!".

ass-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I wonder what the “ certificate of authenticity “ looks like ?

The fact that so many people have been cashing in fast money fakes since Stan’s passing really  irks me ...nothing new though I suppose :frown:

The CGC signature series Stan Lee books are holding their value, demand, and trends show a very strong future for them. At this point, judging by what I see in the marketplace, the same fate has befallen non-CGC-witnessed Stan Lee signatures that befalls the autograph market metrics of every star whose autograph rises in price as they advance in age, near the end, then depart. A curve. Up, up, up, and then a decline starting soon after they've departed. Of course, the truly rare autographs are those of stars who either infrequently signed or died young, the demand there, but unable to be fulfilled. Stan is hobby royalty. What I'm seeing now is that if you bought his signature witnessed by CGC, the value is steady and still climbing, mostly because the book carries the lion's share of the value. I see a lot of bad Stan Lee autos online. As much as ever. But where the auction results were in the $50 to $100 range 7 months ago, at this point, $20 to $30 is the norm, if they get bidders at all. .

This seller consistently lists forged books. I've reported him numerous times but eBay don't do anything about it. He's now taken things to the next level and has listed a "signed" book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steve-Ditko-Stan-Lee-Signed-Comic-1983-Please-Read-Description-Thank-You/173962370683?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D4c0b4fd262334490acf36be1544f8196%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D173962352362%26itm%3D173962370683%26pg%3D2481888&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A6be881c0-a86a-11e9-8310-74dbd18007ef%7Cparentrq%3Afefc1e3e16b0aad34e61a313ff769586%7Ciid%3A1

1427485765_ScreenShot2019-07-17at09_15_00.thumb.png.07309e1f98046a954182b478a2f67963.png

1303757403_ScreenShot2019-07-17at09_15_11.thumb.png.e80f787de8ef6f5c4060e42e9ffde587.png

Absolute joke. I've reported it and hope everyone will do the same as someone is going to get scammed.

I've also reported all of his other forged listings, example - a signed Robert Downey Jr Funko Pop 

I just don't know why you would bother. Those in the know would straight away clock that a book of this calibre basically doesn't exist and your average normie wouldn't even know who Ditko was. 

Just hate the sickening story that comes with the books to try and make them sound more legitimate. Absolute crooks taking advantage of two dead men

An acquaintance of mine just discovered this forum after he had already ordered books from known Stan Lee/Jack Kirby forger Tonfulle-84. Sadly its past the Ebay return item period and he and his friend are the two recent people who placed negative feedback on his Ebay page. Anyways they are spreading Tonfulle's real name and address in case you see him posting items on FB, IG and other sites/app. I don't know if its allowed in this forum but here it is : Tonfulle-84 real name and address : Anthony Fuller 62 Keelie Hall Rd. Montgomery AL 36108