• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bags and boards for SA comics

5 posts in this topic

I would like your thoughts on some of the unique preservation challenges that older silver age books present. I am about to re bag my entire collection and I've just ordered 50 SA 2mil Mylites and acid free boards. I have found that many SA books will fit in standard size but those pesky 80 and 100 page giants do not. Also anything before say 1962 really needs to be in a SA size bag. I noticed E.Gerber sells a 1.42 mil Mylar bag w/flap. Has anyone out there tried these?

I'll be trying out that size when they come in next week! If they are what I think they are I'll get more. Does anyone out there know when comics got reduced to under 7" wide? If I'm not mistaken it seems Marvel stayed at that width longer than DC. Is that true?

DC seems to have gone down to 6 7/8" (With some differences probably due to trimming inconsistencies)in late 1965. Marvel seems to have been at 6 3/4 in '65 but I have very few Marvels to go by. I sure one of you out there can confirm this Scooby Doo mystery?

How about boxes? The long boxes at my local comic shops are sort of a one size supposed to fit all. Now that my older SA books are in propper bags and boards it seem the long box is a tight fit. Are there SA long boxes?