• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting screwed by POW and Stan Lee

2 posts in this topic

I'm a big fan of those boxes POW was putting out for Stan each month so after a couple of nibbles, I subscribed.

$323 for an annual membership of six big boxes. On the same day, I also placed a separate order for a $14.95 small monthly box. 

October comes around and I get both boxes.  November comes and I get an unsolicited, unpaid for small box. I email them and they say forget about it, their mistake and just keep it.  December comes and I get another small box. This one I return unopened, tell them they sent another but I returned it.  I then get an email telling me my large box has shipped. It never arrives. Around this time, they cancel their phone or change numbers without publicizing the new number. Even paypal doesn't have a number for them. I email them a dozen times, no response. I look at their website and I see the December box is marked shipped and the Feb. box is listed as suspended per my request. 

The email on the paypal transaction goes to a fulfillment center that forwarded me a customer service email at an email that bounces back.

Talked to my bank today about a charge back

It's a shame because I really got a kick out of the stuff in the big boxes. Worth way more than $50, to me. 

I have no idea if this is tied up with any of Stan's problems or if this is just a glitch, but even my banker mentioned how this seems set up to avoid customer interactions.

Anyone else having an issue with them?