• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Starlin Article - The Creator of Avengers: Infinity War Villain Thanos Hates Marvel Comics’ Guts

28 posts in this topic

It is kind of strange that the properties (infinity war, gauntlet, thanos etc) have so much to do with Jim, heck even down right to the title of the movie damnit, and Jim gets almost no recognition for this. I guess thats just how this business is

5 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Having just watched Infinity War, I do feel that Starlin’s creator credit should’ve been more prominent, such as ‘Based on characters created by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and Jim Starlin’, rather than being somewhat more buried away, much later on.

Probably done on purpose just so that Starlin cannot go back to Disney to make a claim for even more compensation than what he has received to date so far.  hm

On 4/24/2018 at 7:45 PM, 1Cool said:

What did you think of Starlin?  You also seem grumpy all the time so I assume you guys would get along great.

maybe you just have that effect on people :baiting:

15 hours ago, tv horror said:

BBC showed an interview with Jim Starlin on the Newsnight programme, I'm not sure if U.S viewers can see it or not but here is the Iplayer link for the 2/4/2018 Jim appears at the 35.20 mark.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b1yvkn/newsnight-02052018

Capture.thumb.JPG.1f5eeafd56fb7cb11f2ce47be333225e.JPG

Oh well I guess we can just scroll up a couple of replies for the interview here:

On 5/3/2018 at 10:40 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Well that settles it. It's pronounced THAA-nos

On 4/25/2018 at 12:51 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

He just seems perpetually unhappy. You got him a Coke? He wanted Diet. You bought him lunch? He doesn't like the painting on the wall at the cafe, so you have to change seats twice. 

Just one of THOSE people. 

Funny you mention changing seats in a cafe. I change seats in cafes to the great consternation of my friends and family. I don't do it cause I'm unhappy, I'm just hyper. It's hard for me to sit still.