• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REMOVED - posting guidelines - LOCKED - disruptive thread - USPS double box method "illegal"?

175 posts in this topic

I used to be a casual at the USPS & to them anything that has USPS on it is their property & not for the public but how many times do u go to a flea market or swap meet & see people with USPS bins & some I seen were even selling them. If this guy has a problem with u packaging his books better he should re evaluate his life choices that turned him into an a-hole apparently.  C'MON SON

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I've got so much cardboard, bubble wrap and packing peanuts saved from incoming purchases that my wife should probably evict me.  She always jokes about my cardboard box collection.

I don't even sell comics and I keep a lot of packing materials from purchases.  I have no idea why I do this. 

1092 + 1095 with bubble interior and packing peanuts between the ends of the two boxes to act as bumpers.  The (non box) packing materials come from the giant lawn bag of bubble I have in the basement and the large box of packing peanuts I have saved from ComicLink. 

6 hours ago, valiantman said:

I've used those quite often and even have a small supply ready to use. But I use them to send actual board games. Great box but I think it is far too long to use as a method to send slabs safely short of double boxing inside and tons of additional filler material. The person must not have had a medium sized priority mail box or something as those would probably work a little better.

After doing ebay for several years, I have a very nice inventory of priority mail boxes for all types of needs, and another set of other boxes and packing materials that I have accumulated over that time as well. I think it the hoarding of this material comes from early on with ebay when I was always trying to find the right size box or material to send items. I figure if I end up never using this stuff, I can always bring it back to the post office and they can provide to others.

Sounds like your buyer honestly just likes to complain about everything in his/her life.  Some people are just like that, miserable.  If I was running USPS, I would rather people double box to reduce my liability for damaged goods (let's be real, we've seen how some boxes are treated).  More weight to charge, too. 

9 hours ago, s14roller said:

Sounds like your buyer honestly just likes to complain about everything in his/her life.  Some people are just like that, miserable.  

Isn't that the truth.  So many toxic people searching hard and fast for the next thing to blitch about.

21 hours ago, DeadOne said:

Hi. My name is Bryan. It has been 3-days since my last packaging. I have been known to utilize free USPS supplies for more than their intended purpose. :sorry:

Does the USPS use their passport booth as a confessional now? :golfclap:

What's hilarious about this guy's feedback is that if I saw that someone wrote than on a seller's page (even as criticism) it would make me more likely to do business with that seller. 

@Logan510, he basically gave you free advertising, I would keep that feedback. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

What's hilarious about this guy's feedback is that if I saw that someone wrote than on a seller's page (even as criticism) it would make me more likely to do business with that seller. 

@Logan510, he basically gave you free advertising, I would keep that feedback. 

I have to and I'm fine with it. He apologized and he showed me the correspondence he had with eBay customer service and they're so dopey they thought he was the seller and I was the buyer, so they're generally useless.

After reading some of his other nutty feedback left for other sellers I don't feel the need to take him off my blocked ebay bidders list.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

I have to and I'm fine with it. He apologized and he showed me the correspondence he had with eBay customer service and they're so dopey they thought he was the seller and I was the buyer, so they're generally useless.

After reading some of his other nutty feedback left for other sellers I don't feel the need to take him off my blocked ebay bidders list.

Funny... he has a book I am looking for and I actually had his copy on my watch list.  After this, I do not want to do business with him. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Funny... he has a book I am looking for and I actually had his copy on my watch list.  After this, I do not want to do business with him. 

One of the good things about buying from him would be knowing your purchase will be shipped with brand new packaging supplies with the exact amount of tape and packing peanuts necessary for safe arrival.... probably calculated precisely given the miles traveled, number of persons handling the parcel during the delivery process, potholes, air pressure, etc. etc. etc.

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

It's not like you re-use old eBay transactions to print out new shipping labels to ship things outside of eBay just so you can get the discount...and then have the nerve to scold people for taking a transaction off of eBay and talk about the "right" and "equitable" thing to do lol

12 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

It's not like you re-use old eBay transactions to print out new shipping labels to ship things outside of eBay just so you can get the discount...and then have the nerve to scold people for taking a transaction off of eBay and talk about the "right" and "equitable" thing to do lol

How is that even possible?

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
16 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

How is that even possible?

First, he's continuing his campaign of harassment against me in multiple threads by trying to compare a shipping label discount to "scolding" people about off eBay sales. He's reaching to find anything...anything at all...to throw mud at me and hope it sticks.

Second, it's possible because you can use previous transactions (not "old" transactions) and change the shipping address. 

Third, there's nothing on any eBay page that says you can't, or even shouldn't, do this. I'd been doing it for years and years and years, ever since the installation of the eBay shipping process back in the very early 00's, and long before the Top Rated Seller shipping discount. Why? Because it was better than hand writing labels and, like the USPS Click-n-ship, created a Delivery Confirmation number automatically.

Fourth, there's nothing on any eBay page that says you can't use your shipping discount...which eBay negotiated with the USPS for ALL Top Rated Sellers...for non-eBay shipments. It's a negotiated rate that you get for being a Top Rated Seller on eBay...just like if you owned your own company and negotiated rates with the USPS yourself. 

There are, however, lots and lots and lots of pages about not doing off eBay sales. Lots and lots. 

However...now that I figured out that eBay's computers treat those new labels as different shipments for the same eBay transaction...which the customer service drones at eBay didn't know, either...I don't do it, because it messes up the 1-day shipping requirement for Top Rated Sellers.

eBay's shipping label program evolved over time. Discounts were added, requirements were changed. It's never been a static system. 

Finally...when is this community going to stop tolerating this endless harassment by "Logan510"? God only knows what he's going to try next. He already tried to smear my reputation by falsely accusing me...in late 2016, mind you...of cheating him on a transaction from 2014, after leaving glowing kudos (which he since has had removed.)

What's next...?

Purely hypothetical question:

If someone had thousands of dollars of your books and you didn't know them from adam and they mentioned extra charges for services that were not originally mentioned ( key words ) when the deal was struck...would one get indignant with the person who was holding thousands of dollars of your books? Or would you say sure, go ahead and do what you need to do and then after the transaction was completed, never do business with them again?

Silly me, I had no idea a seller on eBay is considered an employee of eBay and thus entitled to the discount that eBay negotiated with the USPS for shpping lol

I love watching people jump through hoops to justify their shady actions.

:popcorn: