• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spine Crease Issue

4 posts in this topic

Hey, this is my first post on here and i'm quite new, anyways i just wanted to ask about a issue i am having being that i collect The Walking Dead single issues and i am finding that brand new without even being opened it gets spine creases, i take immense care and store them as best as possible. Is this something that happens with this series or what .... im dont really know. Anyway any help would be appreciated if possible !!

The comics go from the printer to Diamond. From Diamond to the comic store. From the comic store to the customer. From the customer to another customer, or stored in your box. There are several hands on the book. Spine dings are common. What I find is that WD issues, especially early ones have scuffs on the back covers from being stacked. My suggestion is when you go to the store, look through all the copies and try and choose the best one without spine dings.

9 hours ago, Philflound said:

The comics go from the printer to Diamond. From Diamond to the comic store. From the comic store to the customer. From the customer to another customer, or stored in your box. There are several hands on the book. Spine dings are common. What I find is that WD issues, especially early ones have scuffs on the back covers from being stacked. My suggestion is when you go to the store, look through all the copies and try and choose the best one without spine dings.

Yeah man that's what i did today at FCBD, seems more common on the comics now. Thanks for the reply !!

12 hours ago, Avizo said:

Yeah man that's what i did today at FCBD, seems more common on the comics now. Thanks for the reply !!

12 hours ago, Avizo said:

when I had pull lists at multiple shops I found that some shops manhandled their comics more than others, some had a better system of sorting and displaying them that prevented damage but there are sometimes defects that existed on all copies at each store which I have to accept as potentially production or distribution related.

if u want a guaranteed 9.8 at all costs, sign up for one of the 9.8 subscription services out there that will get you a graded 9.8 for each new comic. Beachbum on here offers it but not sure he's open to new subscribers for WD.