• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: Colan/Everett Subby, Heck Avengers, Ayers Giant-Man & More
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Some art for sale coming up.  Some new pieces, some old pieces at reduced prices.

Some pages coming up for sale.  New art may be added throughout the week, so stay tuned.
personal checks, PayPal, Cashier's check or MO are welcome. If paying by PayPal, no friends & family to circumvent fees. 
Unless otherwise specified, shipping is $25.00 CONUS, USPS signature required.  Full insurance may cost more.

Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as shipping and Paypal fees will be more - art will ship FedEx International.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite.

Buy it, make an offer via PM, or :takeit: seals the deal and trumps ongoing PM's.  Payment due within 7 days unless other arrangements have been made.
Thanks for looking! 
:smile:

Edited by Unca Ben
added art to topic

Daredevil #42 pg 19, pencils by Gene Colan, inks by Dan Adkins.  I really like Adkins' inks over Colan pencils.  Image area 10" x 15".
Nice silver age page from 1968 featuring DD and the Joker Jester.
Page is in excellent condition; punch holes top & bottom outside image area, some whiteout in panels 2, 4, 5, and 6 for minor word balloon corrections and artwork corrections.  Nice use of zip-a-tone in panel 2 with no signs of aging.  No staining on edges, page is much cleaner than scan portrays.  Nice, luscious Adkins inks.  Signed by Gene.
Price is $1600 plus $25 shipping CONUS. 
SALE PENDING SOLD PayPal preferred.  Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as shipping will be more and PayPal fees will apply.
Payment due in 7 days unless other arrangements have been made.

Daredevil_42_pg_19med.thumb.jpg.d876585a7ad742c5a917e73d50e21b0e.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Tales to Astonish # 67 pg 1 splash, pencils by Golden age artist Bob Powell, inks by Chick Stone.
Nice Silver-age Large art splash page from 1967 with possibly the goofiest story Marvel ever told in the Silver age.  Image size 18.5" x 12.5" Large art.
Logo and titles are hand-lettered on the page; in the story title "The Mystery Of" has been taped in from the back using masking tape.  (see scan) Moderate use of whiteout for art and lettering corrections.
Nice Chick Stone inks with a nice big image of Giant-Man. Page is in great condition.

Price: $8,800 plus $35 insured shipping CONUS. 
Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as shipping will be more and if using PayPal, fees will apply.

When is the last time you saw a silver age Marvel large art page 1 splash for under 10 grand?  :D

TtA_67_Giant-Man_pg1_edited_edited.thumb.jpg.6675824f2223a018760e535aad53f38f.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben
my error in artist attribution. oh well...

Avengers #32 pg 16. Don Heck pencils and inks.  Large, twice-up silver age Marvel art from the popular 1966 "Sons of the Serpent" storyline.  Stan & Don making a statement about racism in the 1960's.
Page is clean with a nice panel 1 featuring all the Avengers (minus Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch who were in Europe rejuvenating their powers).  Nice shot of Cap in panel 5.  
Price is $2060
.  SOLD!
Shipping is $25.00 CONUS.  Personal checks, Cashier's check, MO or Paypal are welcome.
Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as shipping will be more  and some Paypal fees will apply.

avengers32p16_ed.thumb.jpg.51516acac9b37db0383e44bb3beabc00.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Avengers #25 page 4.  Don Heck pencils Ayers inks. Large, Twice up silver age art from 1966. 
Art is in nice shape with Steve Rogers/Cap in all but one panel.  There is a decent bit of whiteout on the thumb in the last panel.

Price is $1975.  SOLD!
Shipping is $25.00 CONUS.  Personal checks, Cashier's check, MO or Paypal are welcome.
Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as shipping will be more  and some Paypal fees will apply.

avengers25p4_ed.thumb.jpg.6cd45ddf1128a95610d5318518172721.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Avengers #40 pg 8 featuring the Sub-Mariner, Goliath, the Wasp, Hercules, Captain America, and a butt-shot of Hawkeye.  Silver age Large art from 1967. Don Heck pencils and George Bell / Roussos inks.  There is no staining on outside edges, scan just makes it appear that way. Price: $1775.  SOLD!
Shipping is $25.00 CONUS. PayPal, personal checks, Cashier's check or MO are welcome.
Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as shipping will be more  and some PayPal fees will apply.

avengers40_pg8_edited.thumb.jpg.27720e71c43b85b17e1bf22580c40956.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Captain America #121 pg. 17, pencils by Gene Colan and inks by Joe Sinnott.  Image area 10" x 15".
Nice page from 1970 (on the cusp of silver-to-bronze age) featuring Captain America and the Man-Brute.  Luscious Sinnott inks.
Page is in great condition; some "coffee stains" on and around panel 4 and on the right-hand border.  The image of the Man-Brute in panel 3 is an original art paste-up with some white-out used in the speed lines.  It appears to me this paste-up correction may have been done by Romita as those razor-cut speed lines with some white-out are trademarks of his work (compare to the speed lines by Sinnott in panels 1 and 2).  No other white-out on any artwork, just a few very small dabs to clean up panel borders.

Price is $2050 plus $25 shipping CONUS.  SALE PENDING  SOLD PayPal preferred.  Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as shipping will be more and PayPal fees will apply.

Captain_America_121_pg_17med.thumb.jpg.d0f63dd4091a62e305766ed78dbeb0bc.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

On 5/5/2018 at 8:02 PM, Unca Ben said:

Tales to Astonish # 67 pg 1 splash, pencils by Golden age Human Torch artist and creator Carl Burgos, inks by Chick Stone.

Is Bob Powell a pseudonym of Carl Burgos?

I'm not familiar with him, but it seems like it's not?

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Tales_to_Astonish_Vol_1_67

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Stanislav_Robert_Pawlowski

Great pages as always, by the way!

Edited by Twanj

16 minutes ago, Twanj said:

Is Bob Powell a pseudonym of Carl Burgos?

I'm not familiar with him, but it seems like it's not?

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Tales_to_Astonish_Vol_1_67

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Stanislav_Robert_Pawlowski

Great pages as always, by the way!

Nope.  Carl drew the first Human Torch story for Marvel Comics #1.  He created the character.  Carl, along with Bill Everett (who created and drew the Sub-Mariner) contributed to the first Marvel Comic.  (Although the Sub-Mariner first appeared in the comic, Motion Picture Funnies - a giveaway comic at movie theaters)
Bob Powell was another golden age artist who also worked in the silver age; drawing some Giant-Man stories in TTA and some Human Torch/Thing stories in Strange Tales and collaborated with Wally Wood on the tail end of Wood's classic Daredevil run.  

Edited by Unca Ben

Tales to Astonish #79 pg. 6, pencils by Gene Colan, inks by Bill Everett.
A very nice silver-age Large Art page from 1966, Image size 12.5" x 18".  Great pencils by Colan with luscious inks by Everett.  A great pencil/inking pairing (Stan knew what he was doing).
Page is shrink-wrapped with a hard foam-core backing board.  I bought it from ArchAngels that way and never removed it - it seemed like good protection and it presented well.  Art is not attached to the foam core.
Page is in excellent shape.  There's a small production "coffee stain" lower right corner - mostly off-art.  The word "GIVE" in panel 2 is an original lettering paste-on.  Page is clean; the only white-out is in panel 3 for a lettering correction in the first word balloon (Everett was a master with pen & brush, no white-out art corrections needed).   Gene's pencils can be seen under Bill's inks.  Just fabulous.  Photos posted, not scanned because of the shrink-wrap packaging. 

Price is $3800 plus $25 shipping CONUS.  SOLD PayPal preferred.  I will pay PayPal fees if shipped within Continental US.  Outside Continental US, contact me via PM first, as shipping will be more and PayPal fees will apply.

TtA79pg6subby2_med.thumb.jpg.16abc82d7bf385957d9d6f089992fd1b.jpgTta79p6subbypanel1.jpg.9c01231330e37005f374f8fd8739629e.jpgTta79p6subbypanel2.jpg.c577a906abb3e4721bc16be680d74b3d.jpgTta79p6subbypanel3.jpg.139d0d4feb5d4c76ab350a85c70f9a2e.jpgTta78p6subbypanel4.jpg.b408de57a59d7d0052d5be8799fe7756.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

On 5/8/2018 at 6:18 AM, Unca Ben said:

Tales to Astonish #79 pg. 6, pencils by Gene Colan, inks by Bill Everett.
A very nice silver-age Large Art page from 1966, Image size 12.5" x 18".  Great pencils by Colan with luscious inks by Everett.  A great pencil/inking pairing (Stan knew what he was doing).
Page is shrink-wrapped with a hard foam-core backing board.  I bought it from ArchAngels that way and never removed it - it seemed like good protection and it presented well.  Art is not attached to the foam core.
Page is in excellent shape.  There's a small production "coffee stain" lower right corner - mostly off-art.  The word "GIVE" in panel 2 is an original lettering paste-on.  Page is clean; the only white-out is in panel 3 for a lettering correction in the first word balloon (Everett was a master with pen & brush, no white-out art corrections needed).   Gene's pencils can be seen under Bill's inks.  Just fabulous.  Photos posted, not scanned because of the shrink-wrap packaging. 

Price is $3800 plus $25 shipping CONUS.  PayPal preferred.  I will pay PayPal fees if shipped within Continental US.  Outside Continental US, contact me via PM first, as shipping will be more and PayPal fees will apply.

TtA79pg6subby2_med.thumb.jpg.16abc82d7bf385957d9d6f089992fd1b.jpgTta79p6subbypanel1.jpg.9c01231330e37005f374f8fd8739629e.jpgTta79p6subbypanel2.jpg.c577a906abb3e4721bc16be680d74b3d.jpgTta79p6subbypanel3.jpg.139d0d4feb5d4c76ab350a85c70f9a2e.jpgTta78p6subbypanel4.jpg.b408de57a59d7d0052d5be8799fe7756.jpg

Take it per PM!