• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scott Williams seeking your opinion
1 1

86 posts in this topic

For me the hand drawn pencils and hand drawn inks are the pinnacle of my interest. The more you inject technology the lesser the appeal, it's a sliding scale where at the bottom there is no interest at all... this would be fully digital original art print (1 of 1). 

If you do layouts on the computer, tape them to the back of a sheet of Bristol board and then turn on the lightbox and draw your tightened pencils and inks by hand. That method would be a nice compromise allowing for computer assist, but the piece would still be all hand drawn, and for me, it would not lessen the value of the art.

15 hours ago, eewwnuk said:

Scott, what does the GOAT think of digital art?

GOAT.  I remember when being a goat was not a good thing!  Either way, I appreciate your subjective sentiment!  lol

I love art.  I honestly don't care if it's digital or not.  I've seen some digital art that is frankly orgasmic.  Of course, purely digital art does not make for original art collecting because the only thing to hang on a wall would by definition have to be a printout.  But as a tool to create, it's fabulous.  As is analog traditional tools.  I'm an equal opportunity art fan.

14 hours ago, Alf Pogs said:

Love to see that blue pencil underneath... ever see some Chris Burnham???  :roflmao: Looking for a nice piece by him. 

Yeah, completely traditional (non digital) original art was very often drawn or laid out with blue pencil by the masters.  I think the blue looks great, but YMMV.

Oh! Felix is his rep!  hm

How could you not love that? :nyah:

If Chris was 3000 miles away and mailed you that blue line file and you inked it up and it was published I would be stoked. Of course the price would have to reflect that.

cb.JPG