• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

762 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Poka said:
On 5/21/2018 at 9:05 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Indeed.  This image perfectly summarizes why they went belly up.  

And I guess them "moving" also explains why they haven't updated their Twitter feed in over six months: :eyeroll:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cbcscomics?lang=en

The determined attempts of a few at rationalizations for this insolvent, failed company here, on the CGC boards, are simultaneously sad and amusing and ultimately futile. 

-J.

Since we have a few lawyers on the board. 2 questions. Are these statements libel and secondly is CGC at risk being dragged into it given they facilitate these statements. Purely curiousity as we all know that the best way to handle people such as this is to ignore. 

51 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

The next step and best move on their part would be for Beckett to officially change the name, so as to create some distance between itself and the previous debacle of a company.

Making things right with metro ASAP would also be a good move, provided there is merit to its public lawsuit.

-J.

18 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Voldy no longer exists as it once did, according to the lawsuit.  The extent of "the move" most likely begins and ends with their meager customer database and comic book encapsulation and pressing equipment.  But by doing it they will be saving a TON of the kind of silly overhead that lead to the company's demise in the first place.  

Still need to change the name and re-brand though.  

-J.

12 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

You may be on to something.  I was just thinking the same thing.  

It is very possible that Beckett was already an early investor in them and came in to clean up the mess and protect its own initial outlay (as opposed to acquiring them through an actual bankruptcy proceedings or something like that).

-J.

I wanted to make sure to preserve all of this stuff in case Jaydogrules tries to edit it.

So much libel, misinformation and lies. Unbelievable.

What do you do for a living again, Jaydogrules? lol

2 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I wanted to make sure to preserve all of this stuff in case Jaydogrules tries to edit it.

So much libel, misinformation and lies. Unbelievable.

What do you do for a living again, Jaydogrules? lol

Professional butt hurt detector.  (thumbsu

-J.

7 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

How can I effectively ignore the dimwits of the board when you guys keep on quoting them??!?

You mean like this?

6 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Professional butt hurt

You have no idea why the other company was created, how they are doing financially, why they were bought by another company or anything else about them and yet you continue to attempt to discredit them with your oinions which are baseless.

You're a faceless shadow, a coward hiding behind the internet making things up about honorable people who have done more for this hobby than most. People who have more respect in this hobby in their little pinky than you will have in your entire existence.

4 minutes ago, VintageComics said:
11 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

How can I effectively ignore the dimwits of the board when you guys keep on quoting them??!?

You mean like this?

Why, I oughta...

2 hours ago, VintageComics said:

You have no idea why the other company was created, how they are doing financially, why they were bought by another company or anything else about them and yet you continue to attempt to discredit them with your oinions which are baseless.

You're a faceless shadow, a coward hiding behind the internet making things up about honorable people who have done more for this hobby than most. People who have more respect in this hobby in their little pinky than you will have in your entire existence.

I knew why was created, to go in and get market share and sell, I said it from the beginning. CGC has to much of a market lead to ever knock them out, you always have the big, such as Disney buying FOX buy you out. This sale was to Beckett's who a different kind of Big Boy. I ask you this Vintagecomics: if you had deal with Meto...apparently in writing would you act, as the "other guy as done"...would you conduct business that way...and "forget about it" after the assets were sold, transferred etc..in good faith. I think not and I hope not.

10 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

You sound like someone who's very worried.  

-J.

You sound like someone who's frickin' insane.

16 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I knew why was created, to go in and get market share and sell,

No, you initially said it was created to sell to CGC and nothing could be further from the truth.

17 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I ask you this Vintagecomics: if you had deal with Meto...apparently in writing would you act, as the "other guy as done"...would you conduct business that way...and "forget about it" after the assets were sold, transferred etc..in good faith. I think not and I hope not.

Enough people have dealt with me here over the last 14 years for everyone to know that I always make good on my word but let's not make this about me again, OK?

53 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

No, you initially said it was created to sell to CGC and nothing could be further from the truth.

Enough people have dealt with me here over the last 14 years for everyone to know that I always make good on my word but let's not make this about me again, OK?

Selling to CGC correct, created to buy market share and sell it is the concept and that was the reality which occurred here, agree close but no cigar..no problem..and we don't know how the bidding process went and who was in on it, we  can assume Metro was left out. Vintage this was not about you, nor about me..it about doing the right thing.....metro does not sue for NOTHING or waste time and legal expenses for  Nothing...they are saying Fraud and a number of various serious charges from the second top auction house in the world whose owners have been in comic fandom a lot longer than the existence of the "other" guy...much more credibility in my mind. The owners are some of the smartest comic book business people out there. I take very seriously these charges, they will win or win by  settling  if what they have stated in the complaint is true. The only real issue of amount of damages. The conduct itself cannot be defended if true.

Edited by Mmehdy

4 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

metro does not sue for NOTHING or waste time and legal expenses for  Nothing...they are saying Fraud and a number of various serious charges from the second top auction house in the world whose owners have been in comic fandom a lot longer than the existence of the "other" guy...much more credibility in my mind. The owners are some of the smartest comic book business people out there. I take very seriously these charges, they will win or win by  settling  if what they have stated in the complaint is true. The only real issue of amount of damages. The conduct itself cannot be defended if true.

It's all speculation about a law suit that none of us have any details to.

Aren't you a lawyer yourself?

Probably better to let legal proceedings take their course than to throw darts on the internet.

With the success of comic books and collectors wanting them graded regardless of grade or value, Steve B.'s reputation at CGC and Heritage, I can't imagine a situation where they sold for any reason other than to have access to resources to help them grow and expand the business.  Based on what's been presented so far this makes sense.  People have mentioned TAT at CBCS, well at Beckett they may have an additional 50 people that can both grade and process books all under one roof.  This would allow CBCS to provide a higher degree of customer service to its clients, take on more business and have more capital pumped into it by another collectibles grading company that's been around for years. We don't have all of the facts, but I'd err on the side of caution about passing judgment based on a lawsuit that has insofar provided zero evidence to support its claim.

11 hours ago, Park said:
17 hours ago, GACollectibles said:

I love the "logic":

1) I was at a show within the last year and there was a time when no one was at my booth
2) I haven't used my business Twitter feed in months

Therefor I am going bankrupt. 

Phew, I'm glad I found out before it was too late!  Or is it?? :ohnoez:

Sorry to hear that you have failed at everything.

When and where is the sale gonna be or did you sell it all off already because of ______Dust bunnies_________________________?

(fill in the blank with imaginary reasons)   

They sound cute and all but are actually the spawn of Satan.  It's not imaginary.

Edited by GACollectibles
Added "It's not imaginary", cuz it's not. Or it might be a side effect of the botox injections.

10 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Don't let the scrub get to you. He's obviously just looking to have some sort of human interaction, best thing we can do is start blocking him.

6 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Selling to CGC correct, created to buy market share and sell it is the concept and that was the reality which occurred here, agree close but no cigar..no problem..and we don't know how the bidding process went and who was in on it, we  can assume Metro was left out. Vintage this was not about you, nor about me..it about doing the right thing.....metro does not sue for NOTHING or waste time and legal expenses for  Nothing...they are saying Fraud and a number of various serious charges from the second top auction house in the world whose owners have been in comic fandom a lot longer than the existence of the "other" guy...much more credibility in my mind. The owners are some of the smartest comic book business people out there. I take very seriously these charges, they will win or win by  settling  if what they have stated in the complaint is true. The only real issue of amount of damages. The conduct itself cannot be defended if true.

A whole bunch of typing to say NOTHING.