• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
2 2

185 posts in this topic

Okay,  here's the last  book  for  the  evening.

Ka'anga 17

Light  sub-type crease  FC,  general  wear,   couple  tiny  tears  and  chips  LH  edge BC, tight  with  offwhite - white pages

Yours  for  $20

7ZrP8Jx.jpg

That's it!

Back  tomorrow  evening  with  another  blast.

If your  all  GOOD    boys  and  girls  maybe  I'll  do  a noontime  special!

Sorry,   early birds  are  out, I don't  get  up  that  early  any  more,  :D

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Blazing Comics 6 (Indicia  says  V2 #3)

Small  chips  out  upper  and  lower  spine,   touch of spine/stacking roll,   some  general  wear including  dogears 
lower  RH FC.  Spine  and  CF  are  tight,  offwhite  pages,   couple  small  tears  interior. Couple  water  spots
FC  center. 

Here's  where it  gets  weird:  The  cover  is  leftover  from  1945,  with   our  heroic  red  skinned  warrior
attacking  a  nest of  Japanese  machine gunners,  armed  with nothing  but  a  knife!  Exciting  stuff!

But  the interior  is  a  remaindered  copy  of  Will  Rogers,  but  doesn't  appear  to  match  up  with either of 
the Fox  issues,  GCD  lists  two  issues  of  Will  Rogers  Western  Comics  from  Streamline,  but has  no
info  on  either,  and  no further  information or  scans.  Finally,  the last  two  pages  are  blank, go figure.

Either  these  are  remaindered  contents  from  the  mystery titles,. or  somebody   pasted up  an  interior
from  who  knows  where. 

Buy it  for  the   great  WWII  cover,  keep  it  for  the  research opportunities!

Asking  $50

nRlkuwR.jpg

Ah, what the heck. :takeit:

Scanfest is in progress,   here's  a  little  something  to  tide you over.   I'm  going   to  get  started  around 
6 PM  this  evening,  with  about  thirty   books

The  Spirit 17

Small piece  out  RH  edge  FC,  right at  the  bottom  of  the  logo.   Check  the  scan,  it  kind of  blends in.
Plenty of  general  wear,   especially  along  spine  BC,  and  quite a bit  of  soiling,   worse on  BC  than  FC. 
Light  brown  stain  lower  FC. Spine  and CF  tight,    offwhite pages.  Front  cover  actually  displays pretty
well, bright  colors  and  most of the chaos  looks  Eisneresque,  LOL

Asking  $50

0d5EP2b.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:47 PM, catrick339 said:

Batman Adventures 12

Here   you go,   first  Harley Quinn,  and a nice copy.

I  count  five  stress   marks along  the spine,  and  two or  three of  those  would
press out.  The  other two  definitely  break  color,  but  would  still  improve  a  bit.  If it doesn't sell  here 
off it goes  for  a  press  and  a  slab. 

Otherwise  flat,  clean,  glossy,  a very  pretty  copy, 

EDIT  One  eagle eyed  viewer  looked it over  and  spotted  something  I  missed. 
Just  above  Ivy's  shoulder,   RH  edge,  there's  a  slight  lightening  of  the  view.  

Looks  like  a  bad  strike on  the  blue  in hand,  but  after  taking  a  300 DPI  scan  and  blowing it up, 
it  looks more like  a   light,   slightly  smudgy  fingerprint  to  me.  

See  the  scan  below,.    dropping  the  price. 

Asking  $450

Now  $375

9FKcHN1.jpg

wAbkQsQ.jpg

Scan added, price drop  SOLD!

Edited by catrick339

ALL RIGHT  YOU  PAGE  SNIFFERS,   DROP  AND  GIVE  ME  30!

Thirty  sales  on  the  thirty  books  I'm  listing  tonight,  that is.

Let's  get  started.

Summer  Love 47

Beatles  cover. 

Tear upper  LH  FC,   general  wear,  but  a  flat  tight  squarebound  Sixties  Charlton  with  white  pages.

Rerun  from  a  previous  thread,     asking  $12  SOLD!

cyBzZKf.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Casper the Friendly  Ghost 30

Plenty of general wear,  tears here  and there,  couple  pieces out  spine  on  BC.  

Nice  reader for $5

pmdvjZZ.jpg

Planet Comics 49

Gorgeous  copy.  Couple  of  light ,  thin  dust  shadows upper  and lower  BC, chip off  lower   RH  corner  FC, tiny  split
lower  spine,  whiff of  general  wear.   This  book is flat,   tight,   glossy,  offwhite  pages. 

Asking  $500

xJdqSDe.jpg

The Town That  Forgot Santa  1961 giveaway

24 pages  in  color,  plus   glossy  cover.  22 pages  of  Santa  story,  plus  a  couple   puzzle pages.
Crayon  inside FC,    puzzles  are  done in  ink,   ink  FC, general  wear.

Grab  some  Christmas  in  May  for  $5

mphnw8h.jpg

Colossal  Features  Magazine 33 (#1)

featuring  Cody  of  The Pony  Express

Novelization a  Columbia  Pictures   serial  of  the  same  name. 

Small  corner off  upper  RH  FC,  looks like  the  silverfish  took  a  little  nibble. Small  stain  lower  edge BC, 
tear  lower  edge FC,   bit of  general  wear.   Tight  spine  and CF,   cream - offwhite pages. 

Grab  a  1950  Fox  for  $20

6iDHIi3.jpg

Flash Comics 69

Spine completely  taped,   missing  paper  along  spine  both  FC  and  BC,  plenty  of  missing  pieces
around  perimeter  FC  and BC  to  boot.   What  you  see  is  what you get...Interior is nice  with  offwhite pages, 
but  the  CF  is  loose. 

Asking  $75

wwxavWo.jpg

Fawcett  Movie  Comics 18

The  Brigand

Well,   there's  Columbia  Studios  again,   doing  comic book  novelizations,   this  time of  a  feature  film. 

Flat  and  tight  enough  but  some  general  wear,  and a light  water  stain  lower  RH  FG,  matching  stain  BC
Offwhite pages. 

Asking  $20

u4HLrEW.jpg

Bobby  Benson's  B-Bar-B  Riders 11

Frazetta   cover! Corner off  lower   RH  FC,  general  wear,   and  glue  repairs  along  the  spine, offwhite  pages

Grab a nice  reader for $30

eXFyJyb.jpg

Shadow Comics V9 #1

Large  dogears  upper  and lower  RH  FC, some  general  wear.   Tight with  white pages

Asking $70

qrtYv1u.jpg

32 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Planet Comics 49

Gorgeous  copy.  Couple  of  light ,  thin  dust  shadows upper  and lower  BC, chip off  lower   RH  corner  FC, tiny  split
lower  spine,  whiff of  general  wear.   This  book is flat,   tight,   glossy,  offwhite  pages. 

Asking  $500

xJdqSDe.jpg

Sorry Catrick but I think Ricksneatstuff and Comcav already blew their Planet wads...  Real nice copy, how bad do you need money???

Edited by Robot Man

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Sorry Catrick but I think Ricksneatstuff and Comcav already blew their Planet wads...  Real nice copy, how bad do you need money???

Bad  enough  to  sell  this  little  gem,  not  bad  enough  to  discount it much,   :D