• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why haven't comic book fans migrated to digital platforms?

42 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2018 at 6:55 PM, mrc said:

It's common knowledge that e-book sales have peaked (2014) and hardcover book sales have surged in recent years. It amazes me that after the launch and popularity of new formats on the promise of 'convenience' sensible people migrate back to original formats once they realise they've been duped into believing new formats are automatically better. There is a lot of money to be made in the digital arena but I refuse to be mugged. Why haven't comic book fans migrated to digital platforms? REALLY?

It "peaked" in 2014 by 10%. 2013, 2015 & 2016 were all $90 million while '14 was $100 million. It's not like digital has gone by the wayside.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:47 AM, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

"Would you switch to digital or collect digital or trade digital or add digital to your collection if there was a monetary incentive and Market for same?"

That was gonna be my question! When will people start spending large amounts on digital versions of GA books?!?! :roflmao: