• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Spider-Man Collection - Whats it worth?

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, 

i am cleaning my house right now and there is this longbox sitting with a ton of Ultimate Spider-Man Comics, it think its almost the complete Series. I don't really want to sit on it anymore, its just in the way so i am thinking about selling it of. (i am in germany by the way, if you are interested also consider that its like 15-18 kilos of paper that needs shipping ;) ) 

I would be very grateful if you, as experts, could give me an estimate on what this is worth so i don't just undersell it. 

Here is what i got, 

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1
Paperback 1 Collecting Power And Responsibility (Issues 1-7) 
Everything on from now is Single Issues.

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1 
#8 - 133

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 2?
#1-15 (Issue #1 two times, one still sealed in Plastic)

Ultimate Spider-Man Annula
#1-3

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1/2
#150-160

Ultimate Comics All New Spider-Man
#1-28 (Doublicates of 20 and 21, just opened the plastic wrapping to check what was in them, yeah i dident care at points, haha)
This includes Issue 16.1

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man

Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man
#1 -12

Ultimate End
#1-4 (i just opened #3, so thats pack fresh and suggests that the others never have been read, i don't know)

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Catacysm
#1-3

The Ultimates (i guess Marvel send this to me as a promo because i had the USM Subscription) 
The Ultimates #1 (2015)

I would classify the quality of these Books as good. I read most of them once, at times i was surprised how bad the quality of these pack Fresh Books was (pages sticking together). When i was looking at all the books just now i noticed one were the cover was coming apart at the spine (again, pack fresh, read once, don't ask me why). But its not as if a child fooled around with em in its room. So overall it should be fine and dandy. They just sat in a long box for years, no pets around, no smokers around. 

On Top of these Books the Longbox also has a few extra Comics i don't need to keep around aswell. I am guessing the Avengers Comics might be a bit less worthless since the movies still make them a decent topic. Than again that print run around #500 probably was pretty high. 

Avengers 
Avengers #500 Directors Cut (Silver Cover)
Avengers #501- #503
Avengers Finale #psr
The New Avengers #1-3 

The Spectacular Spider-Man 
#23-26  (Sins Remembered) 

The Amazing Spider-Man 
Sins Past Paperback (Amazing Spider-Man #509-514)

Marvel "What If?" Classic
Vol 1 Paperback (Collecting 6 Storys) 

IMG_3135.jpg

Edited by MichaelMat

According to lots for sale on eBay , mostly a $1 or $2 a book, depending on grade. Hard to say what you would get selling individually or from a dealer. Trades go for $5-$10 each in general.

45 minutes ago, jaydog said:

According to lots for sale on eBay , mostly a $1 or $2 a book, depending on grade. Hard to say what you would get selling individually or from a dealer. Trades go for $5-$10 each in general.

Thanks.
So there is nothing special in-between? If i just put it on ebay for, lets say 200€, and just wait till eventually someone picks it up both me and the buyer have a fair deal? 

I know Ultimate Spider-man  vol.1  #1 issue is fairly valuable, but you dont have that issue. 

Not sure about the rest. I just poked around eBay for 5 minutes and nothing stood out. I could be wrong you can always do more research. If you are happy with 200 then go for it.  Here is a site that might give you some guidance.   https://comicbookrealm.com/series/2226/0/ultimate-marvel-ultimate-spider-man-vol-1  It shows a few books going for a bit more but most people wont pay guide for collections, just single issues they want.

Edited by jaydog

On 5/11/2018 at 4:19 PM, jaydog said:

I know Ultimate Spider-man  vol.1  #1 issue is fairly valuable, but you dont have that issue. 

Not sure about the rest. I just poked around eBay for 5 minutes and nothing stood out. I could be wrong you can always do more research. If you are happy with 200 then go for it.  Here is a site that might give you some guidance.   https://comicbookrealm.com/series/2226/0/ultimate-marvel-ultimate-spider-man-vol-1  It shows a few books going for a bit more but most people wont pay guide for collections, just single issues they want.

I don't know if I trust their prices. I've looked at some of their listings and they seem a bit high. Ultimate Spiderman used to be hot back in the day. The #1 will sell well, but like jay said, you don't have it. I find Ultimate Spiderman issues in dollar bins lots of times. I think the whole Ultimate title line has been played out.