• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 for Sale On ComicConnect
3 3

227 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, N e r V said:

At 20% increase a year how long before the value of Action #1 destroys the world’s economy  as the most valuable item on the planet?

Assuming 20% CAGR 3.2M would be over 1B in 31.5 years (2045). As a wise scientist once wrote, "Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world..." Inflation not withstanding.

Edited by Northwest

3 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

You have a very rosy view of a GA comic with over 30 copies on the census right now in 8.0 or better condition (12 universal).  By comparison, Action 1 only has 12 (4 in universal).  The likelihood that someone can get a really nice presenting CA 1 far exceeds that for Action 1.  So you would think that demand at higher levels is going to be much more diluted.

Plus, let's face it, Captain America is a sucky character (just another Shield rip-off), almost as bad as Daredevil (just another Wildcat rip-off) :baiting: 

I do have a rosy view of the book. The Allentown Captain America #1 is one of the 5-10 coolest individual books in the hobby (and features the first appearance of one of the most important characters in pop culture. I think it transcends the relative census story.

5 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

You have a very rosy view of a GA comic with over 30 copies on the census right now in 8.0 or better condition (12 universal). 

heck, there are 12 universal copies of AF#15 in 9.2 or higher (and another 21 in 8.5 or 9.0 universal), but that doesn't stop one of the 19 the 8.0s from binking $250K now ("Look honey, I got the 52nd highest graded copy of Fantasy #15 for only a quarter mil...")

37 minutes ago, AJD said:

When they said the 9.2 Tec 27 is a seriously big book I had no idea how literally true that is.

:gossip: It's not real. They don't come from CGC with black backing boards.