• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long running titles that nobody collects
5 5

221 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

I didn't read the whole thread, but my answer to the question is unquestionably and absolutely Warlord.  By far the longest running Bronze series that absolutely no one collects.

I believe this is the first comic I ever owned (generic image, not my actual copy):

Image result for warlord 74

I remember thinking the cover was completely awesome.  I never collected the title, but would eventually gorge myself on Conan (and Groo!).

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:35 AM, catman76 said:

I just recently bought a stack of 70s Richie Rich comics and I don't think anyone cares about those. Richie Rich must have been hugely popular from the early 70s to the early 80s, there were literally 18 or 20 different Richie Rich titles being published at the same time during that time. Also Hot Stuff, Little Dot, Little Audrey and all those harvey titles like that that ran for 30 years and more that no one cares about. So many Dell/Goldkey/Whitman titles that ran forever and racked up hundreds of issues and no one care about any of them.

I've got a friend who collects all those Harvey titles like Little Dot and Little Audrey...

12 hours ago, s.krank said:

What's your best picks for reading material?

Kree-Skrull War, Starlins Captain Marvel, Tomb of Dracula, The entire Iron Fist Saga from MP and his series, X-men 94-143 (obvi), Legion of Superheroes from about 1974 through 1984, NTT 1-48

19 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Kree-Skrull War, Starlins Captain Marvel, Tomb of Dracula, The entire Iron Fist Saga from MP and his series, X-men 94-143 (obvi), Legion of Superheroes from about 1974 through 1984, NTT 1-48

Those are good picks, (I'm trying to put together that Legion run currently) but was referring to Warlord specifically.  I've picked up the odd issue cause I like Mike Grell a lot but wondered if there's a highlight in the run. 

7 minutes ago, s.krank said:

Those are good picks, (I'm trying to put together that Legion run currently) but was referring to Warlord specifically.  I've picked up the odd issue cause I like Mike Grell a lot but wondered if there's a highlight in the run. 

Oh my bad.  I've never read Warlord because I, like everyone else, do not collect it!

7 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Oh my bad.  I've never read Warlord because I, like everyone else, do not collect it!

Haha well someone must've read it for DC to print for over a decade.  I enjoy Grell for his art but it's got to be one of the worst costumes ever.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:01 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Back in the 90's, I completed a run of ASM. Mostly higher grade, never settling for any low grade place holders. After I finished, I started to collect Spidey Super Stories. I was never able to finish, just couldn't find them in high grade.

I just need #13-14 in CGC 9.4 or better to complete my registry set. Been looking a long time...the title is definitely a challenge to complete in grade. Quite a few later issues have like 1-2 graded copies.

4 hours ago, mysterio said:

I just need #13-14 in CGC 9.4 or better to complete my registry set. Been looking a long time...the title is definitely a challenge to complete in grade. Quite a few later issues have like 1-2 graded copies.

Wait ... how late in the run does your set go?  All the way to #700?  Beyond?

On 7/25/2018 at 9:05 PM, s.krank said:

What's your best picks for reading material?

Definitely the first 52 issues with Grell story and art.

He still did the story and covers until around issue 70. Those are good too, just not as good.

Proceed with caution after that.

On 7/26/2018 at 4:13 AM, The Lions Den said:

This may come as a surprise, but I collect certain issues of Classics Illustrated...the horror and sci-fi issues. :)

some of the early "classic" comics have great covers .......

Image result for classic comics dr jekyll

Edited by 1950's war comics

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

some of the early "classic" comics have great covers .......

Image result for classic comics dr jekyll

I'd be running away from that too!  lol  Seriously though, I really like some of the artists that did work for CI...Lou Cameron is really good, and Alex Blum did some good stuff, too...

On 7/25/2018 at 10:32 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I believe this is the first comic I ever owned (generic image, not my actual copy):

Image result for warlord 74

I remember thinking the cover was completely awesome.  I never collected the title, but would eventually gorge myself on Conan (and Groo!).

Why is she wearing a skull?  Was there a reason or backstory in the issue about it?hm