• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone have any info on this 15 cent Daffy #11?

6 posts in this topic

So I was looking through some old books i haven't touched in a while and noticed that i had a Daffy #11 that is 15 cents while the all others are 10. I did a little research and all I could find on it is this article. I was just curious if anyone here had any additional info on how i could determine the value of this book. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! 

There are collectors on these Boards that specialize in price variant rarities/values and such (an area i'm not one in). I'd also post this question in the Silver forum if i were you. Just as a stand alone issue, I don't think it's a 'key', so unless it was in uber high grade i think the real 'value' angle would be in demand and supply for 15 cent cover price copies.

I don't think there's that much demand for the 15 cent variants, but I do grab them when I spot them.  It's still a fairly little known variation, though, so I could see it heating up at some point.  Or not, collectors can be odd on things like that.

I can't remember, are the 15 cent issues variants, or did Dell price all their books at 15 cents for a while before reverting to 10 cents?  In other words, are there some issues that were published in both 10 cent and 15 cent versions?

13 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I can't remember, are the 15 cent issues variants, or did Dell price all their books at 15 cents for a while before reverting to 10 cents?  In other words, are there some issues that were published in both 10 cent and 15 cent versions?

They are variants, with both prices.  Then later, Dell went to 15 cents on their books and Gold Key dropped prices on the series they kept to 12 cents

On 5/21/2018 at 5:46 PM, Bruiser Comics said:

So I was looking through some old books i haven't touched in a while and noticed that i had a Daffy #11 that is 15 cents while the all others are 10. I did a little research and all I could find on it is this article. I was just curious if anyone here had any additional info on how i could determine the value of this book. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! 

I don't know how old this article is but I can tell you that the Turok Son of Stone information is incorrect.  There are 6 Turok 15 cent versions known to exist - # 7 through 12.  I have 7, 8, 9 and 12 and have seen the other two issues in person.  

Edited by pemart1966